This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer's car had a boot put on it

Last week there was a customer who did not pay for their parking 3 days in a row. The customer parked at the parking lot I am responsible for cleaning. So I had to write 3 parking violations for $50.00 each. I print out a report from the pay machine at the parking lot that indicates who paid according to the parking spot numbers.

Then a couple of days ago the same customer returned. So I wrote another parking violations for $50.00.

At this point, according to company policy, I had to notify my immediate supervisor. He arrived at the parking lot, took pictures of the car's license plate as well as the make and model.

This all happened in the morning.

Later on that day a boot was put on the customer's car.

The total charge was $250.00

According to one of the employees in the main office who took the customer's payment, the customer asked her when and how often does someone check that parking lot regarding customers who do not pay for their parking.

The office employee did not give the customer this information since she felt that he wanted to know when he could get free parking.

Quoth snugglegirl05 View Post
    According to one of the employees in the main office who took the customer's payment, the customer asked her when and how often does someone check that parking lot regarding customers who do not pay for their parking.
    "Oh, every day, several times a day! See, funnily enough, we actually prefer to be paid for the service we provide, just like everyone else in the working world." Like, duh.

No sympathy for thieves here.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Something tells me that that car will get the boot or a tow.
      This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

How do they get out of the lot without paying in the first place? That's a new one.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          How do they get out of the lot without paying in the first place? That's a new one.
          I think it works like the street parking in Arlington, VA. I parked my car in a parking space, put money in the pay machine, and put the ticket in my windshield.

The ticket had the amount paid, time issued, and the expiration time printed on it. I was able to use that ticket for reimbursement.

Why I was in Arlington that day is another story.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

A sandwich shop just closed in our fair city, and the owner disappeared without paying the staff for the two months he was in business. He always had an excuse for the young, I'm guessing first-time job holders as to why there were no paychecks that week.

One clever employee got wise and quit when she heard his car had been booted, and he didn't have the money for the fines.

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
              A sandwich shop just closed in our fair city, and the owner disappeared without paying the staff for the two months he was in business. He always had an excuse for the young, I'm guessing first-time job holders as to why there were no paychecks that week.
              That's horrible. Is there nobody they can go to for help?
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                That's horrible. Is there nobody they can go to for help?
                Not always easy, but a lot of state DOL's have wage claim procedures...but if the money's not there
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  Not always easy, but a lot of state DOL's have wage claim procedures...but if the money's not there
                  You still report it, because you never know when the jerk might GET some money, and you want to be first in line with a claim on it.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X