This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Day

So first of all, the weather here today was terrible - Hurricane Joaquin is causing all sorts of stormy weather, and I live 200 miles inland. From speaking to reps in both New Jersey and New York, they were getting terrible weather too. Traffic was atrocious, as well as dangerous, and I arrived at work an hour early, simply because I didn't know how slow I'd have to drive.

The calls today were not really odd, but had one where a customer wanted to set up ACH for his business. When someone wants to do that, I have to verify them normally, and then get "extra and enhanced" verification. His business had two names, one the Primary DBA, and a Secondary DBA. He was able to tell me the Secondary name, which was ok, but the address was wrong, so I went to another piece of verification, and then got the second step of standard verification. Then I asked his date of birth. He said "wait a minute", then went silent for 30-45 seconds before he disconnected.

This was a major red flag - especially with what he had requested - ACH. When customers have ACH, they have the potential to be able to send out hundreds of thousands of dollars to other accounts. I then reached out immediately to Fraud, and sat on hold with them for 20 minutes. It took so long that I had to ask for an exception from my supervisor, to rectify my adherence and AHT. When I finally got ahold of someone, they concurred with my concern, and we immediately completely shut the online account down, since the person calling in knew the account number, and looked like they had been able to access the online account. Hopefully that will prevent whomever that was from getting any money from our customer.

Next problem was with a general customer service representative. Before they transfer anybody, they are to verify the customer, and then introduce them, as a warm transfer. Cold transfers are a big no-no. This one was not only a cold transfer, but then I found out from the customer that he had been cold transferred simply because he could not verify with the previous rep. All I can do in that situation is just email my supervisor and report the cold transfer.

The last thing that happened today that was notable, was a general customer service rep, who had done his full verification correctly, and to whom I've spoken to before. He'd received a transfer from another general customer service rep who couldn't verify the customer, and it was a business account, which he couldn't handle anyway, and so the poor customer had to be transferred 3 times! I assured the rep that I would report the other rep, and did so as well. I emailed my supervisor more today than I usually have to in a full week!

Quoth Erinesque View Post
    The calls today were not really odd, but had one where a customer wanted to set up ACH for his business. (snip) Then I asked his date of birth. He said "wait a minute", then went silent for 30-45 seconds before he disconnected.

This was a major red flag - especially with what he had requested - ACH. When customers have ACH, they have the potential to be able to send out hundreds of thousands of dollars to other accounts. I then reached out immediately to Fraud, and sat on hold with them for 20 minutes.
    Good save there! Sounds like both the scammer (for not having a SIMPLE piece of information available when he had the difficult ones) and Fraud (for taking so long to reach - in a "live" case, money could be walking out the door) are out to lunch.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X