This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are plagued

I don't know what happened to our department this summer, but shit hit the fan somewhere and it all landed on us.

First, Supervisor lost his grandparents earlier this year in a plane crash. This was shortly followed by his fiance's father dying.

Then, Manager's father died suddenly, requiring him to fly halfway around the world to attend the funeral.

My husband has announced he is leaving me after we've been together for 9 years. Another CW's SO is leaving her, too.

Now, a CW just found out that her father is ill with an inoperable tumor and has been given 6-12 months left to live.

Really, the universe can stop fucking with us all any time now.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I'm so sorry about your relationship situation, and I wish the best to everyone else dealing with suck of such epic levels. I hope things turn out well. If I may offer a brief suggestion, the breakup of a marriage is such a significant stressor that it can cause major mental health issues. If you aren't already seeing a therapist, I'd recommend it.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Oh wow, the suck is really strong in your department right now. I hope all of you have strong support systems in place, self-care is needed now!
      No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Sounds awful. I hope some bright spots appear soon for all of you.

Comment

Hope things get better soon.

Comment

And now another coworker just got into a fairly significant car accident. Sounds like she is okay but her van is toast.

I told one of my CWs who hasn't had anything bad happen yet that she needs to watch herself.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
            X