Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, Eric. Check out my update to the other thread, BTW.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

urgh I hate that question. At first, I think I good, why are YOU asking???? and then I've taken it as a small talk thing humans like to do. So I say I'm fine. And then nothing else. And then they get put out because I didn't ask how are you back. I don't wanna know how you are just tell me what u want so I can deal with the 100+ people behind you!!! Yeah not a fan of small talk :\
      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

I think my default is going to be "I'm blessed" because that's always true, no matter how I feel. I am blessed to live in this country, to have the friends I have, to have this site, to have a home and daily food and water, etc. I may have troubles and sometimes be in pain or feel bad, but I am always truly blessed, in every sense of the word.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I think my default is going to be "I'm blessed" ...
          And you can bless their pea-picking hearts until the cows fly.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have several answers, such as "If I were any better, I'd be twins!", or "Doing well, and yourself?", but most of time, when I'm on the phone, and someone asks me how I'm doing, I can tell if it's a customer or if it's an employee simply based on whether or not they wait for a response. Customers will say "Hi, how are you, my account number is ___________", so I don't even answer them, and they don't notice or care.

Comment

You could always pull a 'Wednesday Addams'...

Comment

I'll remind you that when Wednesday Addams smiled, a summer camp burned...

Around here, the best thing you can possibly do is respond with, "I'm doing okay. How are YOU?" And make it sound like you are completely enthralled by the idea of their answer. Then go into polite, "uh-huh" mode. They will talk non-stop about themselves, their family, their friends, their friends' families.. the latest gossip. You might have to listen to the verbal diarrhea, but at least it gets you off the hook of having to answer/explain...
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                  I'll remind you that when Wednesday Addams smiled, a summer camp burned...

Around here, the best thing you can possibly do is respond with, "I'm doing okay. How are YOU?" And make it sound like you are completely enthralled by the idea of their answer. Then go into polite, "uh-huh" mode. They will talk non-stop about themselves, their family, their friends, their friends' families.. the latest gossip. You might have to listen to the verbal diarrhea, but at least it gets you off the hook of having to answer/explain...
                  That's the best. I do it all the time even though I couldn't give a flaming crap about the answer. XD

You know what I really hate, though? When someone asks me how I'm doing through chat programs. Damnit, I can handle the chit-chat when I'm actually talking but how it annoys me in text!

Comment

Oh, there is the completely opposite option!

"How are you doing today?"

"Terribly. I have a stomach ache and my hemorrhoids are acting up and my son has this terrible cyst and - "

"Uh, I'm sorry to hear that!" *FULL RETREAT*

Comment

Working...
                    X