This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    I tried to buy 20 USD worth of Euros off a nice Norwegion yesterday. He wouldn't bite though. *sighs* I would have paid it at face value too! 20 Dollars for 20 Euros!
    I wasn't sure if this was a joke, but the current rate is about 3:2 or something like that. You would need about 30 bucks to cover 20 euros.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      But that's my 'bad tip' story. And I'm the culprit.
      Ah, but that is the difference. The card system went down through no fault of your own, you did pay, you did tip, and you did come back to tip. There is nothing wrong with what you did.

YOU are not the type of person I was talking about.

It's the nitwits that tip in foreign money, no matter how worthless that may be here, and think nothing of leaving an actual tip that, oh, I dunno, I might be able to spend on things like food, rent, bills, beer, etc. You know, the important things.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
        I wasn't sure if this was a joke, but the current rate is about 3:2 or something like that. You would need about 30 bucks to cover 20 euros.
        No, no joke, but I didn't know the exchange rate at the time either.

He just came in and asked if I would exchange money to pay for his cab. I'm a small (80 rooms) hotel. Not a bank.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          No, no joke, but I didn't know the exchange rate at the time either.

He just came in and asked if I would exchange money to pay for his cab. I'm a small (80 rooms) hotel. Not a bank.
          Ah, well, if he's the one making the offer, then it's what the market will bear, since it's not like you can quickly change it yourself, and not without more hassle than it's worth.

Comment

Quoth Aramika View Post
            now this was not just any religious pamphlet, oh no. This particular pamphlet looked like a $20 bill when folded up, but when unfolded it read something like "God is more powerful than money."
            A friend of mine had a table of eight one day. They were rude, incredibly loud, and demanding. One of them scolded her for serving some other customers their food instead of getting them some more coffee. After an hour and a half of taking up two of her tables, they finally left...but not after one of them spilled her iced tea.

They also left one of those pamphlets as a tip.

Kim was so pissed. Worse, she's not the only person I know who's had that done to them.

Comment

Working...
            X