X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG WTH ARE YOU DOING?!

Ok, a little explanation first:

Our tills are positioned about right under my hips, causing me to look straight down as I put in/take out money. I also wear a hat, therefore the bill blocks my view of anyone in front of me. Not exactly the smartest way to position the drawers, but that's how it works at The Bread Co.

So, I take this lady's order. She hands me a $10. I hit the "$10" button on our touch-screen register and out pops the drawer. I start to put the ten into the drawer when an unknown hand comes into my vision and TAKES TWO TEN DOLLAR BILLS OUT OF MY DRAWER!!!!!

The reason I didn't freak the f*ck out? First off, he gave me the second ten dollar bill back, and second, the conversation going on during this between the woman who's order I was taking the the man who was reaching into my drawer:

Man: No, no, no, no! Give her back her money! I'm paying for her!
    Woman: What are you doing? Stop that! Don't reach into her drawer!
    Man: Oh, I'm just taking your money back! I want to pay for your meal?
    Woman: Well she doesn't know that! For all she knows you have a gun and you're trying to steal from her!

So he takes the $10 out of my hand and forces his credit card into my hand. Unfortunately, the order already went through and the only way to have him pay is to re-ring the order and run the credit card, then my drawer would be off. I could have grabbed a manager and had him void it out and I could have re-rung it, but they were uber-busy and I didn't want to bother them.

So the guy relented and I took the $10 back and changed it out. It freaked me out though! Who the hell does that!?

+10 for buying someone food
    - infinity for making any move for the register.

Comment

Quoth Custard Chick View Post
      I start to put the ten into the drawer when an unknown hand comes into my vision and TAKES TWO TEN DOLLAR BILLS OUT OF MY DRAWER!!!!!
      Next time that happens, slam the drawer shut quickly. Sure, at the end you'll be over by a couple of fingers but that's OK.

Comment

Ugg I wish my reaction time was that quick! It was closing in at the end of my shift and I was dragging a little (especially after working a 2pm-close shift the night before :P).

Comment

Your better then me I would have yelled at them! You just cant do that in this day and age! And dude should have said something a lot sooner if he wanted to pay!

Comment

I know I would have broken his finger slamming the drawer.
            (Bank drawers are big heavy metal drawers . . ohh . .it wouldn't be a pretty scene)

Comment

What a jerk. I wonder how some people make it through life without getting beaten up constantly.
              Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

This guy sounds like your run of the mill idiot, but there are quick-change con artists out there who reach into your drawer to "make change" and rip you off. During a store meeting, cashiers were told that our store lost $700 that way during the month of January alone We were also told to slam the draw shut if a someone tried to reach into our till and that we'd get a $50.00 bonus from the manager if we caught fingers
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hooray to the lady for getting on his case about it! I would have been pissed off at a friend who did that too.
                  Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

1) Is the hat part of the uniform?

2) That guy was an asshat. He should have just said something.
                    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, the hat is part of the uniform. We have to wear it. Only managers are exempt. The more I think about it, the more I realize how stupid the whole set-up is!

Side-note: I was actually $5 over on my drawer that day!

Comment

That guy was one hell of an idiot.

And I would've either smacked his hand or closed the drawer really quick. But that's instinct.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I had a SC try to reach into my drawer to "point out the bill he wanted as change" When he did that dropped the money in my had in the drawer and slammed it shut, hitting his hand. I called the MOD and they just took the drawer for the day since I was on a side register. The Sc was asked to leave and left without incident.

Comment

In my first job one of my cow irkers did that to me, I only realised it was them once the yelp of pain where I grabbed their wrist and slammed the drawer shut on their fingers.

Yes I did feel guilty and apologised profuesly but please, don't grab money from my till without an introduction first!
                            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Luckily nobody ever tried that with me, but if they had, it would have been over by a few extra fingers, maybe even a whole hand!

Comment

Working...
                              X