X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snotty little bitches

Oh, how I love thee...NOT!

Don't you just love those women who sound young and who's tone with you is EXTREMELY SNOTTY!? Gee, I just love it when they speak to me like I am a complete moron:

Sent a driver in a wheel lift truck to a call where he was to pick up a Pontiac Grand Am. (front wheel drive). He arrives on location and, as he sees it, this vehicle would be best handled by a flatbed truck. Okay, no problem - have one sitting...

Flatbed driver pulls up to location and I call the girl to advise her that the truck is outside. In the snottiest, most condescending tone, she asks me, "Are you SURE it's a flatbed? Because I asked you guys for a flatbed and I didn't get one at first. AND I DON'T see him out front!"

GRRRRR!!!!!!

I responded firmly and very matter-of-fact, "Yes, it IS a flatbed and you did NOT inform us that you would be requiring a flatbed when you placed the call. Now, the driver is out front, you need to meet him. Thank you. Goodbye."

She started to say, "Oh, he just pulled up...

I didn't give her a chance to finish, as far as I was concerned, our conversation was over.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

they generally don't get away with it much, simply because they tend to ask me a boatload of dumb questions with the most obvious of answers...i subtly (or not so subtly, for the reallly stupid ones) point this out to them, which deflates the snottiness a great deal.

gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, it does.

i don't mind questions, but when the answer's obvious or already given, then i mind a great deal.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
      I didn't give her a chance to finish, as far as I was concerned, our conversation was over.
      Good work.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
        i don't mind questions, but when the answer's obvious or already given, then i mind a great deal.
        I know. In this case, where she's asking me if I'm sure its a flatbed - uh, hello, McFly...I am the dispatcher. I know that probably means nothing in her small little world, but, c'mon!
        "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
          Good work.
          Thanks! I'll take that pat on the back!

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who feel they have the right to treat you like you're an idiot.

I take comfort in knowing that karma's a bitch.
            Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Working...
            X