X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Did you sell my information?"

Had a woman stop in yesterday.

She had signed up for an unlimited wash pass, basically a flat rate for washing your car as many times as you want.

There was a problem of some sort with her application, probably a switched number in her credit card info, or she hadn't signed it.

So she got a call on her answering machine telling her this, and that her account was being shut down, and asking for a call back.

So, naturally, she stopped in to ask me about it, telling me about the message, and what "the woman" said, and then asking, "Does this mean they sold my information?"

And I asked her what she meant.

She said, "Well, you see it in the papers all the time about companies selling their customers information, and I was wondering if she was calling me to tell me that."

We spent several minutes assuring her that if we were calling her because we were have problems with something, it was because we were having problems with something, and needed to talk to her about it.

Honestly, kids, I realize that the world can be a dark, complicated, scary place, but really, sometimes things really are as simple as they appear.
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

If you were to believe every dramatic thing they say on the news then you'd never leave the house! What they say on the news & what's reality are two different things.

Comment

Some people shouldn't even have a phone if they're going to get paranoid about every call they receive like this.

Comment

Working...
      X