X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
    On the flip side:
    How many times have people been surprised by a freak thunder storm coming out of nowhere? Or sure the weather report said today would be windy, but who knew it was going to be gusting up to 50-60 miles per hour?
    Where I work, our flag is 20 by 30 feet. I work right next to a busy freeway, and believe me, if you even TRIED to take that flag down when the wind is blowing more than 20 mph, you and the three people you have helping you WILL get blown across the freeway! Those big flags act like a sail and catch all that wind, and it's powerful. Some of my coworkers almost had to learn that the hard way once when a big snowstorm was starting up.

I agree with everyone else, there was nothing more you could've done. Risking your life for a flag is just stupid.

Comment

Quoth LifeCarnie View Post
      Someone needs to do their research than.

The proper way to dispose of a damaged flag is to burn it. Would the complaintee rather the flag be thrown in a dirty, disease infested dumpster?

Anytime a flag touches the ground in the military it's traditional to burn the flag, because a national flag should NEVER touch the ground.
      Actually while it is military tradition, it is not required to burn the flag. Just get it off of the ground as quickly as possible and clean it if it is dirty.

As explained here

My flag touched the ground. Do I need to destroy it?

No. You should, of course, try to avoid having the flag touch the ground. But if it does, you should correct the situation immediately. If the flag has been dirtied, you should clean it by hand with a mild soap solution and dry it well before returning it to use.
      M
      Last edited by Mongo Skruddgemire; 05-06-2008, 12:04 AM.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Maybe this is a repost, but it is vital to this thread:

Eddie Izzard - Do you have a flag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEx5G-GOS1k

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          You're also not allowed to wear a depiction of the flag on your clothing.
          The Boy Scouts of America are in a heap of trouble, then.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            The Boy Scouts of America are in a heap of trouble, then.

Not according to this

Which states:
            (j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
            Boy Scouts are considered a Patriotic Organization.

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
            X