This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous redhead vs. Joe Pesci look-alike

First post in a while, but in case anybody remembers me, I have now escaped the horrid world of Tjmaxx into the lazy world of mom and pop furniture sales. Yay me. Now on with the story.

Guy and his wife come in, pick out a leather Lazboy. $699. Big whoop. We have 1, the floor model. Fine.

Guy who bears striking resemblence to Joe Pesci, only with horrid hair plugs: Now I know you can give me a discount on this floor model. I'm in cars.

Me: Sorry to say, I can't. Its price refelcts the fact that it's a floor model.

Guy: Well, I'll take it anyway, and I'll be back later this week to get it.

Me: Ok, I do need a deposit or...

Guy: DEPOSIT?! WHAT? You don't need a deposit.

Me: Actually, I do.

Guy: I've bought things here before and never needed to put any money down, this is ridiculous.

Me: I'm terribly sorry you feel that way, but I can't make a sale without money.

At this point, it's worth mentioning that if the guy had been nice, or if it had been a big sale, I probably would have tried to get bossman to do something for him. However, this was not worth my time. Joe Pesci and wife are now running from me down the stairs to the exit.

Guy: This is so ridiculous. I've been in cars for 40 years and have always done business with a handshake!

Me: (as he's heading out the door, which I opened for him and motioned him out) Well, I'd be happy to shake your hand, but you still have to give me money to buy something. Have a good day!

And this just a week after a guy got assy on me because I was only giving him $800 free...

Quoth RedNailPolish View Post
    Guy: This is so ridiculous. I've been in cars for 40 years and have always done business with a handshake!
    Where's this guys lot? I could use a second car, and a handshake is a small price to pay...

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      Where's this guys lot? I could use a second car, and a handshake is a small price to pay...
      Yeah, no kidding.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Given car salesmens' known respect for the truth, OF COURSE I believe him...100%

Comment

Quoth lineswine View Post
          Given car salesmens' known respect for the truth, OF COURSE I believe him...100%
          And if you believe that, I've got a nice ski lodge in downtown Phoenix Arizona that I'll happily sell you...cheap!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I can see where he's coming from, somewhat. Grandpa (Mom's dad), always did business that way. Of course it also helped that he was connected politically, in a small town, and had bought 6 cars from the guy over the years

*When I say "connected politically" he knew everyone...either through the Lions' Club, from the family feed store, the church, or from his food inspector route.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

And this just a week after a guy got assy on me because I was only giving him $800 free...
              Did you already post that story?
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

First post in a while, but in case anybody remembers me, I have now escaped the horrid world of Tjmaxx into the lazy world of mom and pop furniture sales. Yay me.
                A fellow TjMaxx escapee!! Welcome!

(I re-read your old posts, what a wonderful reminder of why I never want to work retail again. How long DID that jewelry thing last...3 months? sheesh)
                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                  A fellow TjMaxx escapee!! Welcome!

(I re-read your old posts, what a wonderful reminder of why I never want to work retail again. How long DID that jewelry thing last...3 months? sheesh)
                  Actually, my store had it for nearly a year. I think. God, how long ago *was* that? Must have been two years. I remember being mad when I tried to merchandise it with stuff from 60/80 or whereever, and was told it was only to be jewelry. And then it looked horrible.

Comment

Yeah, about two years, when I was doing the switch from AR store to KC store. I think our DM's looked at the rapidly increasing shrink numbers and stopped it. Maybe it was just our district/region though. Where were you? You could PM me if you'd like.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                    X