This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new levels of idiocy

At our clinic, we are long used to kids showing up for camp or sports physicals without the required paperwork, or employees wanting Family Medical Leave Act time off without the paperwork. Through the magic of the interwebs we've downloaded all the local school district forms, FMLA, Boy Scouts, etc.

But lately there have been a couple of winners who still manage to annoy us with their level of stupidity and assumption that we can and will fix it for them.

A foreign student came in to our urgent care clinic wanting a college sports physical. The paperwork was due that day, it was imperative he get it completed that day. The school is a community college is 100 miles away, not one whose students we normally see. Where was this important paperwork?? In his email, on his phone. Could he log in to his email on one of our computers so it could be printed? No, he didn't know his email password. He expected us to connect his phone to our super-secure medical computer network and print the form. Could the form be downloaded from the college web site? Nope, it is only available by email. Could he forward the email to us? We do have email for patients but it takes overnight for the server to update and have the email access be active (not the best software, but them's the breaks). Would I give him my personal email address so he could forward the email to me and I could print it? Uh, that's a negative, ghostrider. Go to FedEx/Kinkos, get the form printed, and come back.

Today a guy came in "because my wife told me to". She works for Fred Meyer, a large regional chain kind of like K-Mart (actually now owned by Kroger). They can get a break on their health insurance cost if they have a "wellness checkup". Many companies do this and what they want varies quite a bit. Often what is required varies according to what level of job the employee does. Some want a full-on complete physical, some just want height/weight/blood pressure, some want in-between. What did he need? He had no clue. No paperwork, no word from his wife what was needed. He tried calling her, she didn't answer. And oh yes, the deadline for submitting this is today. Didn't I know what was needed? Couldn't I call Fred Meyer and find out? Nope and nope, I'm not having my assistant stuck on hold forever trying to find out what he needed.

Naturally we can expect negative Yelp reviews from both these folks.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
    TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

When I went to get my daughters school physical done, the office's website said they will not see anyone without the paperwork, the phone message said they will not see anyone without the paperwork, the sign on the door said they will not see anyone without the paperwork.

So why were there at least 3 separate people arguing with the receptionist about not being seen because they did not bring in the required paperwork? People are so self absorbed and always expect someone to make an exception or do the leg work just for them.

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
      Uh, that's a negative, ghostrider.
      Now I can show Hubs that he's not the only one who uses that quote. He never believes me.

For the second guy, I suspect the wife is in charge of just about everything and the guy probably thought she had already sent in any paperwork he might have needed.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Working...
      X