Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More tales from the convenience store.

So I'm working a 2nd shift. An older lady comes in and purchases a propane exchange. First off, she's carrying the propane canister with her which is a no no.
    Well after all that and she's been rung up, I go out with her to unlock the cage and swap out canisters. As I'm about to hand her the full tank she walks off saying my car is all the way over here.

Ha!

I stood there for a second. Then I decided to be nice. I carried it and put it in her car.

Older customers crack me up sometimes. It's easier to be a nice guy rather than explain what is outside of my job responsibilities.
    If a younger person had done that they'd have been out of luck though.

I would have grabbed a shopping cart, put the tank in the cart and say, "Here you go ma'am." And walk off :P

Comment

I'd have an excuse: medical restriction. It does come in handy. Sometimes I do slightly break it (over my lb limit, but only slightly so, if I think I can handle it.)
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Roland View Post
        First off, she's carrying the propane canister with her which is a no no.
        You are much nicer to people who do that than we were... we were instructed to ask people who even started to carry their tanks in the store to leave and refuse service unless they came back later... and we were told not to be polite about it. Even corporate, the usual enemy of common sense had the attitude of "you don't have to be nice to people hauling a potential explosive into the store." Especially when we had signs by the propane cage instructing people to leave tanks outside, signs on both sides of the doors instructing people to leave their tanks outside, and notices on the tanks themselves (assuming they were exchanging one originally from our store, or one with the same distribution company) instructing them to never bring the tank indoors... oh, and you know, there is the whole common sense thing (even an "empty" tank still has a decent amount of propane in it, just because it doesn't have enough pressure to run your barbeque doesn't mean it doesn't have enough fuel to go boom).
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
          ... have enough fuel to go boom).
          Doesn't take much fool to go BOOM! either.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X