This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I used the pin number and ID fail

Oh man this kills me. I got stupid asses all day long! And jerks.

Okay we are super strict with ID and only have a select few that we take and if you are doing a credit card transaction you have to be the card holder!!! And the names have to match.

A customer comes up with a receipt telling him to retrieve his money from us (meaning he went over the daily limit and has to proceed to the cage to retrieve his cash due to the fact that now I have to make sure he is who he says he is)

Me: *looks at card and ID* I'm sorry sir, I need the card holder here.

SC: I used the pin.

Me: Doesn't matter. The company that we go through requires the names to match.

SC: It's my wife. i used her pin and she's not here!

Me: Well I can void the transaction for you but I can't process it without the cardholder present.

SC: This is BS I used the PIN!!!

Me: (starting to get annoyed) Again we require the cardholder. (they have to sign stuff and how do we know that you're really the husband and no divorced and stole her card? He was getting 1000 but even if it was $20 we would still need her) I can void it.

SC; Fine! use this one then!

I voided his wife's card's transaction and proceeded to run FOUR different credit cards cuz they all declined due to NSF. Finally one worked and he went away.

Dude use your own cards!!!! We get so much fraud its ridiculous and we are only protecting YOU.

ID FAIL

This is funny. So this guy comes up to cash his check. It's in our system, he has a player's card and everything is going smoothly until he shows me his Driver's License. It was a photo
    copy on regular printer paper.

WTF

Me: uh, I will be right back...

I grab the paper and try not to giggle as I show my supervisor. It was a MAJOR no
    no way in hell are we cashing it with a photo copied ID.

Me: Unfortunately we can't cash this due to your DL being a photo copy...

SC: Seriously?? It's me! I just got out of jail and it's gonna be like $500 to get my ID!

(I don't know why he can't just get a state issued instead of a Driver's license or why it would be so much?)

*Then holds out an offender ID--it's one of those ID's they hand out after you've
    been released from jail*

Me: Yeah sorry it has to be a real ID. This is not valid ID.

SC: That's fine I will cash it somewhere else! You lost out on a tip!

Me:

The check was for like $76

The kicker? The morons at ace play issued him a card with that photo copy! They even left a remark saying the ID is invalid and only to use his card for gaming...

Um, you can't game without proper ID. It's illegal to be on the floor without an ID.

The regular photo ID cards for non-drivers are about half the cost of a driver's license. I had one for a while. Even if you have to get a copy of your birth certificate from the state, you're still under $50.

Comment

Yeah, the ID system is pretty messed up. In NYS (outside of NYC) you need ID to get ID, basically. And you can present an offender ID or whatever they call it as part of the things you need to show to get the DL. So if you're a felon you can get ID, but if you are not part of "the system" you can't.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X