Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Um, NOT answering your question would've been rude....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, NOT answering your question would've been rude....

I'll admit for the first few customers of the day I am not my usual over-the-top cheerful work personality because I always get thrown on a lane where I have to clean up a coworker's mess. But I am professional and polite, just nothing more.

Such was the case today. I had taken over for a coworker who'd turned the light off (was leaving) and then the manager turned it on and directed this sucktomer to it. I was there signing in with the light on and her stuff was on the counter when she asked if it was ok to be there because she didn't know if I was going to close. I said it was ok; if I was closing I'd have walked to the other side. OK, somewhat snarky, but honestly I was doing the best I could to hold my tongue because ignorance annoys me. Immediately after I scanned her stuff she told me a $13 was "on clearance for $7.99". Our clearance signs don't list prices, as there are many diff items in a clearance section for diff prices. Plus, no clearance sticker at all, as I told her. "Well, that's not what it said" she responded in an annoyed tone. She decided to take it anyway.

Then when I was waiting for her to finish on the card reader and my screen was telling me it was waiting for the customer. Sometimes that's because the cust hasn't finished and sometimes it actually means it's authorizing. She asked if her receipt had printed and I said, "I don't know; it's stuck on this screen over here" and looked at the card reader where I saw she needed to OK it, which I instructed her to do. "I was just asking. You don't gotta be so rude." Now that ticked me off. How is letting you know my screen is stuck being rude? I didn't blame you for the computer glitch and I had to tell you to OK it or you'd be here forever.

At least supervisor backed me up when I told her. Still really annoyed.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

What does it really mean to be rude & how is it different from what the customers perceive to be rude? That word, "rude", they toss it around expecting everyone to cater to their every whim & desire once they mention that word.

Comment

I think she did get what she wanted. She went to the service desk to complain and since I had a radio on I heard Service Desk Lady call for the MOD. *sigh*
      The only thing my direct supervisor had to say was next time just give the person the discount to get her out of there. But Supervisor said I didn't say anything wrong.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Giving an SC what they want doesn't get them out of there, just makes sure that they return with further demands. *sigh*
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

For most Sucktomers, simply talking back to them is automatically "rude", no matter what you say or what tone of voice you use.

CASHIER: Thank you, could you sign the keypad, please?

SUCKTOMER: WHY I NEVER!!! [storms out]

Comment

Working...
          X