Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rich granny stealing for her grandson - special snowflake edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich granny stealing for her grandson - special snowflake edition!

You read that right. So, as a fly on the wall- it's my M.O. to just know certain things. So beware sucky customers, there are people watching you just to mock you for their own entertainment. And mock you we will! MUAHAHAHAHA!!

So, this story begins as a lovely day in suburbia. The soccer moms are driving their brats around, corporate drones are filling into the city to begin their day at the beck and call of multinational companies. The usual. And our store opens, like normal. But it shall not remain normal for long. There is a sinister character in the midst, hiding behind a facade of innocence. This is- the rich granny wearing too much Channel n5(awful) and smothering her grandson with presents to buy his affection.

Granny drives up in her shiny new Bentley SUV(I'm 100% serious. She was driving a car worth more than most peoples' houses. 'Cause granny is riding dirty.) She peruses the shops in the area with her grandson and then decides to cast her cloud of misery upon our fine establishment. (Why can't she bother someone else, WHY?)

Right when she comes in, she has the "special snowflake" aura about her. The "I'm important just because" aura that only people missing a few marbles can really pull off. And missing a few marbles she was! So she decided to steal some marbles! Nah, I'm joking- she didn't just steal some cheap marbles. She stole a high-end and exclusive product off our humble display for the lolz when she could totally afford it.

Her grandson was about two and it appears that her horribleness had not rubbed off on him. He was normal and even well behaved by two year old standards. Anyway, she hands her grandson the stollen product and says, "Happy birthday, Johnny*! (*Name has been changed to protect the innocent.) The child is too young to realize what was happening. So Johnny goes about carrying around his new item. Then old moneybags comes up to one of the service areas, and demands free services for her grandson's item! (Because she's special and why should SHE have to pay like the lowly serfs?) Naturally, as a display item that thousands of people had used- her ill gotten gain was a little worn. I'd like to point out that she did not nicely ask for free services, she demanded them in an inappropriate and abrasive way.

Anyway, while she was at the service area, her grandson came across a few things along the way that he wanted. So naturally, she purchased them. Only when she purchased them, she gave all of her information to the person checking her out by joining the company's rewards program. Very smart cookie, this lady.

At this point, the trail goes cold and I am merely left knowing that she was unpleasant to deal with the rest of her shopping experience. During this time I hear she dropped another $600 on items for her grandson. Then she left and drove off in her Bentley. Just another happy day in affluent suburbia.

THE END!

P.S. She still comes and shops regularly.

More "Fly on the Wall" stories are coming soon! You'll get to meet all my special snowflakes! YAY!! We're going to have loads of fun together!
    Last edited by EricKei; 09-12-2015, 12:04 AM. Reason: removed inappropriate term for children

So she gave the cashier her info - was she then charged, using that info, for the item she took off the display and handed to her grandson?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Nope. A lot of companies wait until the amount stollen is felony-worthy before they pounce. They want to really hurt people- ruin them actually, not just slap them on the wrist with a measly shoplifting charge.

Comment

Someone needs to be checked for Alzheimers. And I mean this completely seriously. That ain't normal.

Comment

Awww man I was looking forward to stories of Granny getting handcuffed. How dare you disappoint us like that. J/k lol.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Awww man I was looking forward to stories of Granny getting handcuffed.
            The OP states she comes in and shops regularly. I believe if we wait we may get to see just that soon enough!

Comment

I've never heard of her causing any other problems since then. Well, other than being a sucky customer who is obnoxious.

She has a habit of flashing her diamond rings to get attention from staff/other customers. >.<

Comment

Quoth flyonthewall View Post
                I've never heard of her causing any other problems since then. Well, other than being a sucky customer who is obnoxious.

She has a habit of flashing her diamond rings to get attention from staff/other customers. >.<
                Maybe she just had a senior's moment and honestly thought she'd paid for it then.

Comment

I meant was her credit card charged? I'm assuming she used one rather than paying cash...?
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

shiny new Bentley SUV(I'm 100% serious. She was driving a car worth more than most peoples' houses.
                    I didn't know Bently made SUVs...

*googles*

It's brand new for MY2016. And it costs over 200 grand. Car and Driver says base price is $229,000.

Yup. More expensive than my house. Although, with the housing values going up in my area lately, I probably could finagle an even trade for one.. hmm, house, or Bentley SUV... decisions...

Also, it is the world's fastest SUV (for now...) and goes 0-60 faster than my little hatchback, with a top speed of 187MPH. Hmm, house, or Bentley SUV that can outrun my Impreza...
                    Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Nope. A lot of companies wait until the amount stollen is felony-worthy before they pounce. They want to really hurt people- ruin them actually, not just slap them on the wrist with a measly shoplifting charge.
                      So she basically got away with it?

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        So she gave the cashier her info - was she then charged, using that info, for the item she took off the display and handed to her grandson?
                        Why don't you just send her a bill for that item?
                        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

How does that even work?

Once she's left your store with the item, unless she's carrying it out in her hand (or her grandson's) within view of a security camera, how would the company go about proving that she actually stole it?

Even if the company gets camera footage of her leaving with an item in her hand, do they really want to keep this footage - and any other assorted data needed to prove that this item wasn't purchased by her, or a relative, that day? For months on end? For several shoplifters?

It just seems like a lot of effort, for potentially little gain. Not to mention that, from my understanding of the law, multiple instances of minor thieving don't add up to aggravated/felony theft, but to being a repeat, but still minor offender.

What does the company hope to gain here? If they feel that strongly about shoplifting, bust 'em and ban 'em. Done. This just seems... way too complicated.
                          You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

A lot of companies have gutted their LP departments, so bust 'em and ban 'em isn't practical. Instead stores have to build their cases. Saving video isn't too difficult with the right video systems and the know-how to use them.

Also, it's much more common these days for our shoplifters to be armed, so the police would need to be called, and the total amount stolen would need to be worth their while. As an aside, the reason why I think our LP person isn't very good at her job is because her only solution to increased theft is to secure everything. We have a master list of stuff that needs to be spider-wrapped or put in security cases and she will secure additional stuff that isn't on the list, even though we need approval from the district LP manager to do that. So not only are we discouraging honest shoppers who'd need to find somebody with a key to unlock stuff, we're increasing the chances that shoplifters will bring in weapons to achieve their goal.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hate to say dementia, but I am leaning that way.

I have known some elderly people who honestly forgot to pay. I mean that literally, they got the item and walked out the door, forgetting to stop at the cash register.

It is tragic, the mind going like that. It knows no race or social class.
                              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Working...
                              X