This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grog Want Fire!

Ok so the hotel where I work has battery-powered candles on the tables in the lobby. They are made of plastic covered with wax, and they do have something that looks like wick, but they turn on with a switch on the bottom.

Well yesterday someone tried to light two of them. Ok, let's count the stupid here. A: They aren't even real candles. B: There's no candle holder under them if they were. Can you say Fire Hazard?
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

He probably also tries to eat waxed fruit and sniff fake flowers. Lol
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      You laugh, but at my store, we have frequently found the artificial fruit with bites taken out of it. No lie.

We had to damage out too many of them, and I don't think we'll be carrying any more in the foreseeable future.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Reminds me of one of my BFFs. Who is smart, great at her job, but sometimes lacks in common sense. We were on a cruise, and there was ONE outlet in the cabin. I came back from doing something, to find a battery charger in the outlet, with batteries LEAKING in it. i pulled it out, and left her a note.

She was under the impression that you could recharge ANY battery, not just ones meant to be recharged.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
          She was under the impression that you could recharge ANY battery, not just ones meant to be recharged.
          Blame um... I think it was Rayovac. They once marketted a charger that allegedly could do just that.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Here's ya fire, Frogurt.

Comment

I might have sniffed artificial flowers once... >_> Eau de plastic

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                If you're not a green tentacle you have no business eating wax fruit.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                  Blame um... I think it was Rayovac. They once marketted a charger that allegedly could do just that.
                  My understanding was that they marketed a charger that could recharge NiCd, NiMH, and RECHARGEABLE alkalines. Most alkaline batteries, if you try to recharge them, produce gas, and gas inside a sealed container goos BOOM! The rechargeable alkalines had a catalyst in them so that the gas (I'm assuming hydrogen and oxygen) would recombine into a liquid (I'm assuming water), which wouldn't take up extra space that wasn't available.

These special alkalines didn't stay on the market long - they had less capacity on their first cycle than one-time alkalines, lost capacity with each cycle, and were good for only 50 cycles or so. When an improved NiMH chemistry that didn't self-discharge in a month or so came out, it killed them off.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I know exactly which brand you work for. We have the same thing. Expensive little things and the guests never want to leave them alone.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      My understanding was that they marketed a charger that could recharge NiCd, NiMH, and RECHARGEABLE alkalines. Most alkaline batteries, if you try to recharge them, produce gas, and gas inside a sealed container goos BOOM!
                      Amazon apparently sells some which claim to charge regular batteries... However I would not use it.

Today we are having the education open house... It's basically several tables set up around the store with employees sewing or knitting or whatever. The lady in charge told me she had to put up a sign that the cupcakes were not edible... First off, we are NOT in any way permitted to serve food, especially food which we frosted ourselves. Second, it's hard to describe, but they were really clearly not for eating. There's a giant sign which says "learn how to make these!" next to the cupcakes, and felted bags, and bedazzled pumpkins, etc. Like in some Asian restaurants or bakeries they have example items on/under the counter? You don't walk up to it and say "ooh, samples!" It's understood that they're display only...
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Just a note -- While it was apparently unintentional, please don't make references to others' workplaces in a manner that might lead to their workplace being identified. If, on the other hand, a member wants to out themselves (and nobody else), that's just fine and dandy -- we simply recommend against it
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thanks EricKei, but it's OK. I don't mind people knowing I work for the much-storied Elongated Hexigon Inn. My city has 2.3 million people and at least 10 locations. Not too worried about some crazy person showing up at work, and even if they do, I walk through the park at 5am to get to the train station. I have pepper spray.
                          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

One of the most fun things on this site is to guess for which company everyone works for. I never mention it or ask directly tho. Mine is pretty obvious, and IDC if everyone knows. Tho I'd be slighlty worried about corp. finding out and firing me. I remember there was this one song on U Tube about Starbux, about how the customers sucked. Starbux found out and the guy got fired. :\ Wouoldn't put it past my company to do the same...
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                            X