This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh You're Not Serious: Illegal Edition

So, I mentioned that the marina burned down, my aunt went to the hospital several times, and we got sued (and won) over property lines. The people took what property they got, fenced it, and parked a car in front of their gates so nobody could get in (except from the lakeside, which they did not fence.)

Well, now there's a new crazy in town.

Because why not. It's 2015, the year of hell.

This guy has apparently been following my uncle (who has our business name on his car), flipping him off, honking at him, ect, every time they cross paths in the car.

Well, this is also a company car. My uncle isn't the only one who drives it. So one of the employees was driving it today, and this random guy decided to run the employee off the road.

Cops were called, but my uncle declined to press charges. The employee still can, so we'll see if he decides to. I sure as fucking hell would. I'm done with 2015 and all of it's bullshit.

Quoth Cooper View Post
    Cops were called, but my uncle declined to press charges.
    Why?! That scumbag tried to freaking kill the employee!!!
    Quoth Cooper View Post
    The employee still can, so we'll see if he decides to. I sure as fucking hell would.
    As would I. And promptly quit the business, as the boss obviously cares more about some psycho than the employee who is working hard for the company.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm with Xcashier. Why the hell would you NOT press charges in a case like this?!
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I'd be suing too. I'd love to know what he has against your uncle

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
          I'm with Xcashier. Why the hell would you NOT press charges in a case like this?!
          Either Uncle is a moron/marshmellow or what this guy is upset over is REALLY bad and something Uncle feels guilty over... which really makes me wonder what it is... an affair with his wife?

Comment

TBH, if I was the employee, I'd be suing the driver...and your uncle. He has a responsibility to his staff to provide a safe working environment.
            Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
              The employee still can, so we'll see if he decides to. I sure as fucking hell would.
              So would I....and sue the biz and uncle out of existence if there was even a rumor of retaliation.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Is this a relative of the people with the fence? Why would he try to run the car off the road?

Comment

Quoth Headset Hellion View Post
                  TBH, if I was the employee, I'd be suing the driver...and your uncle. He has a responsibility to his staff to provide a safe working environment.
                  Exactly...if I worked for a company, and my life was threatened by an ex-employee or someone else with a grudge against my employer, I would be fucking LIVID for being put in the middle of someone else's feud without proper knowledge.

Comment

As the employee was driving a company car, and (presumably) on company time, your uncle's worker's comp insurance should be involved - and they sure as heck will take the other driver to court.
                    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I'm wondering if the uncle has the legal right to press charges on his employee's behalf, since the incident didn't actually happen to uncle.

If not, then I would be encouraging the employee to press charges as vigorously as I could.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Cooper View Post
                        Cops were called, but my uncle declined to press charges. The employee still can, so we'll see if he decides to. I sure as fucking hell would. I'm done with 2015 and all of it's bullshit.
                        Wow, your uncle is an idiot. Also, the police don't need your uncle's permission to charge someone with dangerous driving.
                        Last edited by EricKei; 10-08-2015, 08:23 PM. Reason: snip*
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Wow, your uncle is an idiot. Also, the police don't need your uncle's permission to charge someone with dangerous driving.
                          It is my understanding the police have to see the reckless driving to charge someone with it.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                          X