This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beats me.

And that's AFTER we've told them the cops are going to tell them the same thing we're telling them right now, either you pay, or you let the car be towed.

I don't know what they THINK is going to happen.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
      Now THAT'S the way to do it! I'm so stealing that.
      Take it with my compliments.

Tee hee, I got acknowledged.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

WTF? Somebody actually thinks that they should get a break on the illegal-parking fee because the lot they parked in is a mess?? How do those things even relate to each other??
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          What is with all these people calling the cops when they are the ones breaking the law?

I don't mean the parking, running around on the back of an operating truck or entering a vehicle that clearly can not be driven safety has got to be legally wrong.
          Probably the same mentality I see on COPS. "Officer! That dude stole my meth! Arrest him!"
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

LS1 - It's a reference to a Simpsons episode

btw, Welcome to CS! ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And given it was a Volvo 240 wagon, he MIGHT just have been able to make good on that threat, those things can outlast some species of cockroach..... believe me.
              240s are tough cars. How do I know this? My mother had a DL (basically a rebadged 245) station wagon. Not long after purchase, we were in an accident. On the way home from a friend's house, we were sitting at a stop sign. Traffic was heavy on the cross street, so we weren't going anywhere.

As a big Chevy entered from the left, the guy opposite us...ran the stop sign He plowed into the side of the Chevy, pushing the car into us

We barely felt the impact. All I remember feeling, was a slight bump, and then seeing two smashed cars next to us

But, we got off *very* lucky. The night before, my parents had put the rear seat down to move some things. When lowering the rear seat in a 245/DL, the seat belts usually get caught underneath when you put it back up. As expected, they weren't in their usual locations. Not that it mattered--not wearing a 'belt wasn't illegal the state then. Stupid, but not illegal.

Anyway, the impact took out most of the left side of the Volvo...while the other two vehicles had to be towed. IIRC, they were written off. Mom's car got repaired, and lasted another 10 years before being sold in the early 1990s.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

COPS Show

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Probably the same mentality I see on COPS. "Officer! That dude stole my meth! Arrest him!"
                The thing that gets me about COPS is the screaming of the person being arrested about how the cops have not have cause to do the arrest and how they are going to sue everyone.

Meanwhile the cops must be grinning inside, thinking "But we have got it all on video tape to replay at court.".

Attacking cops stupid, attacking cops while you are being recorded is so stupid you might as well be a black-hole and suck in all the bad that will happen to you.

Comment

he wrote "SIGNED UNDER DURESS"
                  Say it with me folks: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                  Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

And just to prove it, he wrote "SIGNED UNDER DURESS" all over his receipt.
                    Quoth Talon View Post
                    Say it with me folks: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                    No, it means what he thinks (he was coerced) because if he didn't sign it he wasn't getting his car back. He's just mistaken that it's a PROBLEM that he was coerced. In point of fact the law ALLOWS FOR and in this case explicitly sets the PRICE of this coercion.

So yea, he was under duress. And that's exactly how it's SUPPOSED to be.
                    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Mr Plow is a fabulous episode! I always remember "Mr Plow is a loser and I think he is a boozer."

Do you use a regular old tow truck or a flat bed? I'm picturing crazy woman running across a flat bed. If she jumped up on a regulat tow truck, I'm impressed with her agility.

Comment

I bet you wish you could charge extra for the ones who insist on dragging the cops into it.
                        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          I bet you wish you could charge extra for the ones who insist on dragging the cops into it.
                          They usually pay extra, but it goes to the cops.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                            I'm pretty sure they have, and Arga's response (or at least the response of Friendly Neighborhood Towing) is always "You're not our customer, Global Domination Realty (or equivalent client) is."
                            I'm surprised no one has ever replied "Then make THEM pay!" I've never heard of another business where a 3rd party has to pay for a service provided by the company to their customer.

Comment

And that's AFTER we've told them the cops are going to tell them the same thing we're telling them right now, either you pay, or you let the car be towed.

I don't know what they THINK is going to happen.
                              They think they can change their story to the police, and that Mean Mr. Tow Truck Driver is stealing their car to run some sort of scam...

Or something.
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth FredKlein View Post
                                I'm surprised no one has ever replied "Then make THEM pay!" I've never heard of another business where a 3rd party has to pay for a service provided by the company to their customer.
                                Actually, a few have tried that. (Arguing the property owner owes the money, not them) it gets them about as far as you'd think.

spoiler: it's not very far.
                                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X