Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Closing Chronicles (aka GTFO) Storytime!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! This reminds me of some customers who ordered online 5 minutes before Midnight and wondered why the system didn't allow them to set the delivery date to the next day.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

So the other day we were having updates to the store after closing. But we were already doing stuff starting an hour before closing so we could get out earlier. (Not anything that could be dangerous to unsuspecting customers, just little tedious stuff.) The store was nearly cleared out so we'd just do work in the areas of the store where the customers weren't and leave when the customer came into view. Everything was going smoothly until 10 minutes before closing the tormentor walks in with her sidekicks(aka family of doom). The security guard minding the door during closing was one of the new guys who admittedly, is less seasoned at interacting with customers. Especially less seasoned at dealing with bat insane ones who get super sucky. He told the family "We close in 10 minutes." WRONG thing to say to tormentor! It goes down like this. (My CW BFF and I were working near the door so we had the misfortune of hearing it.)
      *Setting of scene: the managers are all together discussing closing matters towards the front of the store and in general happy because the day is almost over.*

Sucky Tormentor: I need to talk to a manager!
      Manager(one of the senior ones who took control of the situation): That's us! How can we help you?
      ST: I realize that you close in 10 minutes but my son just came running into the store and the first thing we were greeted with was "We close in 10 minutes."

BFF CW and I look at each other in horror. Realizing that now we are not going to be getting out early from our after hours shift. We move to work in a far corner of the store but we can still hear the SC bull . I try and tune them out but they are getting closer to us and are clearly looking for someone to take their rage out on. I see the tormentor and recognize her as the lady who personally gave me a hard time a few months earlier(horribly hateful woman) and had a history of complaining about stuff during her time in the store, we spending hours tending to her and thinking it was resolved, and then she complained to corporate anyway. This had happened at least two times. Our store has an excellent record so a customer complaining about us multiple times in not common at all.

~To be continued~

Comment

Working...
      X