X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I really am amazed at people who actually use the phrase,"How dare you."
    It's right up there with "Well, I never!" ...to which, the only appropriate response is "Well, then, Madam/Sir, perhaps you should. It might improve your foul disposition!"
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      It's right up there with "Well, I never!" ...to which, the only appropriate response is "Well, then, Madam/Sir, perhaps you should. It might improve your foul disposition!"
      Redd Foxx used to have an answer for that on the old TV show "Sanford & Son."

It usually went, "I'll bet you did!"

Then there was Benny Hill. Pregnant girl says, "Well, I never did!" He looks her over and says, "Honey, you must've done!"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        And people who try the "You WILL do this" crap...ugh. Get over yourself.
        I'm one of those people...that when I hear that phrase, I can't help but think "Or what if I don't? Will you go away before I taunt you a second time?"

Former co-irker J was one of those people who *loved* to use it. Naturally, my reaction was usually "fuck off." That is, you're not my boss, and I *don't* have to do what you want me to.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          "Well, I never!"
          There's always a first time
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth EricKei
            "Well, I never!"
            My favourite response to this:

"Well you have now. Another entry you can cross off your list of 'Things to do before I die'"

Comment

Has anything been heard from either asshat or corporate about this?

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                Has anything been heard from either asshat or corporate about this?
                Actually yes, the corporate security guy I contacted about it said they'd gotten the police involved and they (the police) were going to contact the guy and go from there.

So we'll see.
                "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

They're going to put him on the hot seat. He might get burned by this.
                  This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                    Actually yes, the corporate security guy I contacted about it said they'd gotten the police involved and they (the police) were going to contact the guy and go from there.

So we'll see.
                    Good, so this is being taken seriously and not ignored...

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                      They're going to put him on the hot seat. He might get burned by this.
                      They're gonna grill him hard. Put the heat on him something fierce.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        They're gonna grill him hard. Put the heat on him something fierce.
                        Let's hope justice is well done.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                          Let's hope justice is well done.
                          If so, his goose is well and truly cooked.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

He may very well end up in the porterhouse.
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                              If so, his goose is well and truly cooked.
                              It looks like this turkey had a beef with the company. Now it's his freedom that's at steak.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
                                It looks like this turkey had a beef with the company. Now it's his freedom that's at steak.
                                Well that's the price you pay for acting like a ham about it.
                                Last edited by Limescale; 10-10-2015, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X