This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO RECEIPT means NO RECEIPT.

The first SCO in the row has been acting up since Hell Night and the second router failure on Friday. Saturday, it wasn't printing at all. Yesterday it was printing, but black lines. A few days prior it had been spitting out gibberish whenever the roll was changed...I reported a pending problem, nothing was done (unsurprisingly). I'd been saying for months that the receipt printers needed to be replaced when the rest of the SCOs were...one of the printers needs to be held together when the roll is changed.

Shithead wouldn't let me close the lane down; all I was allowed to do was post "NO RECEIPT" signs everywhere and warn people coming to that lane that they wouldn't get a receipt and I could not provide them with one (this sucked my attention away from the other 3). Technically, there is a way to reprint SCO receipts but it's complicated and requires the transaction number that's on the receipt. To be honest most people didn't care; if they did they read the sign and went to another lane.

I'm about to go on break when a woman comes up with two carts and what looks like at least 2 separate transactions. I dutifully warn her that this register is not giving receipts and even point out the signs, but am ignored (I think she was on her phone; when she flapped her hand at me I figured 'screw it' and go off to deal with real problems I could solve). Two minutes later I'm gathering sonic grenadesS-it guns and she lays into me.

SC: "I need a receipt! It's not giving me a receipt!"
    Me: "I told you it's not printing receipts. There is nothing I can do about that." *points to signs*
    SC: "But I neeeeed them!"
    Me: "Sorry, I told you it's not giving receipts. You chose to ignore and dismiss me."
    SC: "But you HAVE to! I didn't know!"
    P is at the next register helping a cashier and chimes in. "Ma'am, she did tell you you wouldn't get a receipt and indicated all the signs on the register. You were on your phone. Did you wonder why that lane was empty when the store is so busy?"
    SC: "But I neeed it! You are going to give me a receipt!"
    Me and P: "We can't. This is an equipment problem which will be fixed later."
    SC flounces to the service desk. "They'll get me a receipt!" with a smug grin.

The kid at the desk is tied up with lottery, someone wanting to wire money but doesn't have recipient info, etc. So there's a line. SC flies back over to me. "You need to get someone else on the service desk! That idiot doesn't know what he's doing and there's a line and I need to leave!"
    ("that idiot" probably has more verifiable education than you)
    Me: "I only deal with these registers. See that red line? I can't leave this area and I am not after you ordered me around and insulted my coworker." I spy E at the podium...
    SC: "Go get her to get me a receipt!"
    I do go over, but to ask for my break. And..."E, there's a very angry woman who went through register 8 and didn't get a receipt. I warned her before she started that there was no receipt, now she thinks I can print one."
    E: "We can't."
    Me: "That's what I told her. She has been harassing me and insulted J behind the desk, she thinks he can get her a receipt."
    E: "Nobody can. She's not getting one. Take your break, I'll deal with her."
    As I make my escape, I see them lock horns. SC was gone by the time I got back and I didn't get a chance to ask E what happened, but I can bet it involved a threat to complain to corp and/or never shop there again.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Yapping on her phone and not paying attention to what you said. You understand THIS IS ALL _YOUR_ FAULT Dreamstalker!!!

Seriously, failure to pay attention is no one's fault but your own - take responsibility for your screw-up SC!

Wait, I forgot where I was...

Comment

As a CW pointed out, it's my fault for not letting SC squash me into the floor
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

The world would be a much better place if all of these "Never Shopping Here Again" customers would actually DO that. Eventually they'd work their way down to a single store, and annoy them so much they get trespassed and have to order everything online or something...

Comment

I regularly shop at a store that has a thing where you scan your receipts into an app and it searches to make sure you got the lowest price, giving you money back if it finds them. I've built up quite a balance, so I would not be happy if I had two cart-loads of stuff and didn't get a receipt.

Then again, I would have backed off quick from either being told there were no receipts or seeing the signs because, you know, I can read.
          Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I wish LP had challenged her on the way out to check that she didn't have anything that wasn't on her receipt.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Now you're talking nasty...I like it!!!
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I love doing that, dumping a SC on a manager so I can take a conveniently timed break. ^.^

When I come back from break, I'm no longer hungry/thirsty and more importantly, their horribleness is gone! YAY!

Comment

Get a box of crayons & draw her one...lol.

Comment

She wanted a receipt, all you had to do was get a piece of paper and write the word "Receipt" on it. After all, that's all she's gonna get and it was what she was demanding. Of course, it would have ticked her off even more, but that's a bonus!
                    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Find one somebody threw away and hand it to her. "OK, here is "a" receipt." It doesn't match your purchase? Already told you we can't do that, you wanted A RECEIPT....
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                      X