This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, they did not do that because it can't be done

We have a phone app that gets you extra mark-downs. A woman asked if I could look them up for her and I asked if she had the app because I didn't have my phone on me. No, she didn't and wanted me to just give her the deals because they "did it at the other store" after "looking it up in the ad." The phone app deals are not listed in the ad, so I asked if the employees used their phones, which she said they didn't. She insisted they looked it up in their scanner. It's not listed there either. It's a PHONE APP. I have up explaining and she went away unhappy. I will use my app for people, but not when I have a line of people and my phone is locked up.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Uhm, yeah, I have unlimited data, but a lot of people don't. I'm not going to ask some stranger to possibly use up their data because I left my phone in the car/at home/don't even have one but heard about the deals on the app from a friend and I'm too lazy to get it myself.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I had told about this pushy woman who bothered everyone, other customers and employees to use their phone to get a coupon and then let her write the bar code number down. Yet another case of not being a responsible adult.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I had a woman today who came up to the register with a Revlon foundation. She said "there's a $4 off coupon for this!!!" I look in our coupon book and there *is* a coupon for $4 off the purchase of TWO Revlon Eye Cosmetics. I point this out to her, all she gets out of it is that she to buy two. <sigh>

Then she starts f** (oh, sorry) messing around on her phone. She goes to the Revlon site. They have coupons! Yay! But ah jeez, they're online only. So sorry She goes to RetailMeNot. They have coupons! Yay! But ah jeez, not good in my store. So she stares at me all helpless like "I'm really not good at this phone thing, can you just give me the $4 off?"

Ummm NO You didn't buy the required number or type of product and those other coupons are online only. But I was nice ... I said, "well, you have to buy TWO eye cosmetics to use our in-store coupon and you haven't. And those other coupons are not good at our store."

Amazingly, then she didn't want that Revlon product! Strange that :-/

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
          I had a woman today who came up to the register with a Revlon foundation. She said "there's a $4 off coupon for this!!!" I look in our coupon book and there *is* a coupon for $4 off the purchase of TWO Revlon Eye Cosmetics. I point this out to her, all she gets out of it is that she to buy two. <sigh>

Then she starts f** (oh, sorry) messing around on her phone. She goes to the Revlon site. They have coupons! Yay! But ah jeez, they're online only. So sorry She goes to RetailMeNot. They have coupons! Yay! But ah jeez, not good in my store. So she stares at me all helpless like "I'm really not good at this phone thing, can you just give me the $4 off?"

Ummm NO You didn't buy the required number or type of product and those other coupons are online only. But I was nice ... I said, "well, you have to buy TWO eye cosmetics to use our in-store coupon and you haven't. And those other coupons are not good at our store."

Amazingly, then she didn't want that Revlon product! Strange that :-/
          I'll look in the Sunday paper at the coupons to see if there's any on items I'm planning on buying w/in the next couple of weeks. Once in a while I'll find one on Revlon products, sometimes not.

Doesn't matter really. When I'm looking to purchase foundation, for example, I'm going to buy it regardless of whether or not I have a coupon. And that's usually b/c my bottle is low.

And I didn't flinch when I saw the shelf tag at WM earlier this afternoon saying $10.98 . . .I grabbed one in the shade I needed, put it in the buggy of the scooter and toodled on down toward the main aisle to find Mom before she got lost in the store.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
          X