Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Kids will be kids!" ~ Retail Story Time: Under 18 SC Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!

Best (or worst) story of bratty kids I have is this. I was working in the shire horse stables at the country park. As well as the stables, we stable staff were also responsible for the animal farm, which consisted of ducks, chickens, three Shetland ponies with vomit inducing names (Tinky Winky, La-La and Dipsy), one Welsh Mountain pony, six goats, a llama, two pigs (a male pot bellied and a female Gloucester Old Spot) and a Highland steer. One thing that often happened was that school trips would come to the park, sometimes from British schools, sometimes from French ones. The incident I am about to relate happened when a French school sent a delegation of kids to the park.

My colleague Emma and I were just finishing the horses' feeds when a member of the public rushed into the stables. She told us that as she walked to her car, she'd heard frantic quacking coming from one of the coaches parked nearby. Had we missed a duck?

Well, no we hadn't, but Emma and I went to look at the ducks in their fenced off area. One was missing, Big White Duck. Shit. So, after making some enquiries, we found out that the coach from where the quacking was emanating belonged to a group of French kids who were currently touring the park. We sought them out, appropriated a teacher who took us to the bus and rescued poor Big White Duck from its interior. We dropped Big White Duck into a sack so we could transport her and were about to leave, when the teacher said, "Could you clean up the bus before you go?"

What. I mean, seriously? This teacher had a nerve. Her demonic charges had stolen one of our ducks, god knows for what intention, and she was asking us to clean the bus? The interior was in a bit of a state; Big White Duck had obviously been in a constant state of terror ever since she was shoved in there and the seats and floor were covered in a mixture of feathers and duck shit. Emma spoke for both of us when she said back to the teacher, "No, we're not going to clean the bus. And I bloody well hope the kids have a lovely journey home!" We then went to restore Big White Duck to the pond. Surprisingly, she didn't drop dead after her ordeal.
    Last edited by Lace Neil Singer; 10-13-2015, 11:34 PM.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
      We had dinner with some friends the other night and it made me miss the days of kids' tables and adult tables.
      My family sort of had that going on when my siblings and I were younger......whenever we visited my mom's dad and stepmom, the kids ate at a card table in the kitchen, while the adults ate in the dining room.

*Although in our case, it was because the dining room had carpet, and my grandparents assumed us kids would spill something/make a mess.

Comment

Working...
      X