Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All aboard the karma train...choo choo!

Just one for today, but it's a good one.

Had a guy whose account had been cut off for non payment. He would up demanding a manager (and getting me) because he swears a previous rep told him we could get his service back on without payment. Of course that's absolutely NOT true so let the fun begin!

SC: I need my phones on. I can't call my wife, I can't call my daughter, I can't do anything.
    Me: I apologize for the frustrations, I see your account is past due by $243.
    SC: Yes, it's past due but I spoke to one of your reps the other day and he said you could make an exception for me and turn the phones back on without me needing to pay.
    Me: Did he say why we would make an exception?
    SC: My father is in the hospital. I need to be able to reach him. The guy I talked said you could make exceptions in case of emergency. Well believe me, this is a goddamn emergency!
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that. How long has your dad been in the hospital?
    SC: Almost two weeks.
    Me: Hmm, well that's a bit different than say, they just rushed him there after a car accident or something. I apologize for the misinformation but we rarely if ever make exceptions to the past due policy.
    SC: Come on man, you can't cut me a break just this once? I promise I'll pay.
    (Suuuuure you will... )
    Me: It's not a matter of me wanting to cut you a break. To turn the lines back on with no payment requires a specific override in the system. When we do that override, we end up on an internal exception report that could potentially put our job at risk. There's no other way around this.
    SC: COME ON MAN!! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?! I just need my phones. I've talked to seven reps and two other managers this past week alone and let me tell you, the last manager I talked to was a major asshole. You should turn on my phones for that alone.
    Me: I'm afraid it doesn't work like that sir. I'd be happy to follow up on that employee for you but I can't turn your phones on.
    SC: You better follow up. That dude was a douchebag. A major league, condescending, chip-on-the-shoulder, arrogant douchebag. I hope he dies miserable and alone on a street corner somewhere.
    Me: I'm sorry to hear you felt mistreated.
    SC: FELT??? No, I WAS mistreated! If I ever found that guys mother, I'd slap the bitch for bringing him into this world!
    Me: Comments like that are really not necessary sir. Can we back to the issue at hand?
    SC: Fine. Look buddy I'm not asking you to move mountains here, I just NEED my phones on. I can pay the balance in full...next month.
    Me: That's great sir but that won't help you this month.
    SC: But I can pay!!
    Me: Can you pay right now?
    SC: NO!!
    Me: And that's where our problem is.
    SC: TURN MY PHONES ON!
    Me: I can't do that without payment.
    SC: You said you can make exceptions sometimes, why can't you make an exception??
    Me: Exceptions are only available in emergency circumstances. Despite what you think, your particular situation does not qualify. Also, I happen to BE the asshole douchebag manager you talked to before. Seeing as how you just insulted me three times and insulted my mother, why should I lift a finger to get your phones back on?
    SC: <stunned silence>
    SC: Um...well...uhhh
    Me: I thought so. We'll be happy to restore your services when you pay the bill. IS there anything else I can do for you today?
    SC: *CLICK*

Oh, I couldn't believe it when I saw my own name in those account notes. I knew sweet pwnage was not far behind.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 10-08-2015, 05:33 PM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
    SC: Come on man, you can't cut me a break just this once? I promise I'll pay.
    (Suuuuure you will... )
    Sounds like you heard that one before
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That. Is. Awesome. I love it when people start ranting and raving about who they talked to before in order to get [whatever], then learn that the person they were insulting was helping them all along and won't do anything for them.
      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Beautiful *wipes a tear from my eye* Simply beautiful.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Any bets he calls back trying to get someone else to unload his BS story on?

Sure he can pay next month. But WILL he?

Comment

"Now then, when may we expect payment? Pardon, when what freezes over...? <...> Oh, Mr. Veedle, I'm afraid we're going to have to discontinue your outgoing service. And if we do not receive payment within 10 days, we will send a large, burly serviceman to your home to rip it out of the wall."

Comment

Also, I happen to BE the asshole douchebag manager you talked to before. Seeing as how you just insulted me three times and insulted my mother, why should I lift a finger to get your phones back on?
              SC: <stunned silence>

I love this part

Comment

Beautiful! And yeah, pretty sure the jerk won't be paying next month, either.

And his dad's probably not in the hospital.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The funny part of this is that I have experienced almost the same thing doing pizza delivery (myself and yes other drivers).

The situations range from attempting payment with large bills for small order (No can do HAL), to not enough money for the full order total (NO I will not let you "slide" on $10 and yeah I KNOW I will never see you again) to "Well I (meaning the customer) come to the store in a little bit to pay if you give me the order NOW" (Yeah right sorry you can PICK UP the order when you arrive at the store and pay IN FULL)
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

"SC: Yes, it's past due but I spoke to one of your reps the other day and he said you could make an exception for me and turn the phones back on without me needing to pay."

Really? Then why are we having this conversation today if you could totally get it turned back on a few days ago?

It takes talent to be $243 in the hole... how long until the Mothership decides he's no longer a customer and demands return of the phone and/or an ETF?

Comment

And of course it's maroons like this that believe themselves to be such great customers because they "spend so much" on your services; never mind that they're not actually paying for those services...
                      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Loool. I get pple like this "Why can't you JUST give me a better rate?" Sniff. Sob. Oh cry me a river. T_T Pay what you promised and gtfo my face!
                        They don't know that messing with the rate sends a red flag to management, which they'll ax you later. Yeah I'm not going to do that for a complete stranger not even if he's the president of the whole country! =P
                        Tho at least your Sc seemed embarassed. Mine come in person and shout "Are you the idiot that I spoke to on the phone???!?!?!Blblblbaaaa!!!" Eff you; you get the noisiest room
                        Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                        The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

That story was beautiful.

Comment

I wish more companies would fired customers regularly. I think they'd find it most cost efficient. We can send them to our biggest competitor for the lolz. =P They won't know what hit them. MUAHAHAHA.

Comment

Bravo, Sir. *applause*

Well done. Take a bow

One of those rare moments where one wishes they could be a fly on the wall just to see the expression on that dude's face.

Color me crazy but my family has this thing about paying our bills . . . wireless gets paid on the 3rd each month (Mom calls and pays by phone w/debit card) and in the 5 1/2 years we've been with Death Star, we've not been shut off once.

Besides, if you get one month behind, that's bad enough . . . to get 2 or more months behind then you have a problem. I call it somebody's not prioritizing right.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X