This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for posts by member

When I try to use the search function to search posts made by a member,it only brings up the last 100 threads.Is there any way to find ones going further back?
    Thanks!
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

As far as I can tell, no -- it's to reduce the strain on the server. You can, however, restrict the search by date to a certain extent (e.g. pick "a week/month/year ago or older"), but that's about it. The farthest back you can go is "a year ago or older." If what you're looking for was a thread they started, you can pick that option, as well, to further narrow down the results. Also, try looking for keywords AND have the specific username selected if none of that helps.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Searches are extremely taxing on the server. The limit is in place to reduce the strain. But as ericKei pointed out you can ask for older threads, and you can also narrow the search by including more keywords. You can also do an advanced Google search and limit it to results from customerssuck.com
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
      X