This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things overheard in the lounge

BG: I work in the lounge of a fairly swanky hotel. Our lounge is very quiet; there are televisions but they are muted, and there is music but it is*definitely background ambiance. In other words, it's a pretty quiet place. And yet people will*have the most interesting conversations, right in front of me. Some of the better things*I*have heard....

"I have only been*roofied ONCE and at least*I left the kids with a sitter!"

"Well, last year I got her the SUV for her birthday, so this year I guess I should get her the power boat" (by the way, this gentleman left me a 78 cent tip. Way to go Bigshot.)

"I keep bringing naked pictures of myself but you never want to see them!" (spoken by a very drunk woman to a man who clearly wanted to be Anywhere. Else.

(one woman to her friend) "Will you drink red wine too, so I won't be the only one with black teeth?"

"I talked to them about getting it in, but they can't help. I've tried every way I've ever used before to get it in. I just want it in, and it's sooo hard" (Obviously something work/equipment related, notable mainly because the effort it took not to say 'That's what SHE said" actually had me breaking out into a sweat. I think I had a stroke. Honestly, I'm only human people).

This one was actually directed to me "YeeeeeeerpreddyhowolddyathinmmmmmI???"
    ::translation:: You're pretty; how old do you think I am?"
    Um. Yikes. You are so cut off.

I'm working for the next 5 nights in a row, so I'm sure I will have some more soon!
    Last edited by I am the Lizard Queen!!; 07-03-2012, 09:14 PM.
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Nothing quite like walking into the middle of a conversation and hearing a phrase or two completely out of context ...

Comment

And it's amazing what people will happily discuss in front of someone just because they are serving you drinks or collecting your empty glasses. I even find myself doing it, and my general thought process is 'Meh, she's probably heard much worse than this!"
      "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

What's with the red wine=black teeth?? I drink red wine, it's never done that to my teeth .... ???
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's weird I good friend of mine obsesses about it all the time.
          It's kind of like eating a grape popsicle sometimes your teeth and tongue go at dark purplely blue color
          "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Working...
          X