X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! Ender's Game, the movie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1731141/

I'm terrified, but hopeful, given the cast.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

OMG OMG OMG

Like you, OP, I'm terrified... but cautiously hopeful.

Harrison Ford as Graff and Ben Kingsley as Mazer? Very nice.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

*spazzes out* Oh gods. This could be great or it could be horrible.
      The first character I looked for was Bean. *is hopeful*
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I'm hesitant. There is so much awesome in Ender's Game and the associated books, and it would be awesome to see it done right. But hollywood is so much fail these days. /sigh

Comment

Quoth Shishire View Post
          I'm hesitant. There is so much awesome in Ender's Game and the associated books, and it would be awesome to see it done right. But hollywood is so much fail these days. /sigh
          This 100%. I love the book but unless someone really talented with a desire to stay more with the spirit of the book than to just re-tell the story comes along it will probably take a nose-dive.
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I've been waiting for a movie to be made for this. But I'm worried about them screwing it up.

Also, I don't know how I feel about Harrison Ford being in it. His character is more of a subtle tough guy than Ford seems to usually play.
            "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Haven't followed the link yet, but still... I'm incredibly leery of anyone trying to make Ender's Game into a movie. Just way too many ways for some stupid egotistical director or producer to screw it up. That, and if by some miracle it IS done right, there would be endless howls of outrage from people getting all offended that this is, at the heart of it, a tale of child abuse and exploitation. After all, Ender is what, 6 when he first goes to Battle School? And is only there for a couple of years.
              You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I loved the Enders Game book and have started with the rest of the series, I am excited to read more of Bean. I will check out the full cast list but I am very excited by Ben Kingsley - I adore him!

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  Also, I don't know how I feel about Harrison Ford being in it. His character is more of a subtle tough guy than Ford seems to usually play.
                  The last few movies I've seen him in, I've been favorably impressed by his acting ability.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                  X