• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Maps - 8 Bit edition.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/25297...ril_fools.html

Here's an article on it.

http://maps.google.com/?t=8&utm_campaign=8bit

And here's a link to try it out.

I loved playing the Dragon Warrior/Quest games, and this is a lot of fun to play with.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Fun! Though street view looks terrible...don't go there. But otherwise...fun!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I love it!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

It's the Dragon Warrior font!!
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

And I still found my house with it.

I have to debate whether that makes it really neat or just me really sad.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            It's the Dragon Warrior font!!
            Better -- it's a Dragon Warrior HACK! ^_^

So awesome.

"Blow into the cartridge to fix bugs..."

edit: check out Street View!
            Last edited by EricKei; 04-01-2012, 02:41 PM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I don't think that's their AF joke... or if it is, then they've got two: Google Racing is also debuting today...

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                I don't think that's their AF joke... or if it is, then they've got two: Google Racing is also debuting today...
                They also had Gmail Tap, and the YouTube DVD Collection.

ETA: Chrome Multitask, Australia Street Roo, Weather Control, Click-to-Teleport AdWords...they went to town this year!
                Last edited by bhskittykatt; 04-01-2012, 10:26 PM.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

*nods* I'm not used to so many jokes from them, and they're all good!

Maybe, like the Moon Cheese one, they'll leave this up for a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X