This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procrastinators suck!

All those in retail can back me up on this... procrastinating customers SUCK!! They throw you off and slow your miserable day to a crawl! Now, I'm a procrastinator myself, but I can pride myself in saying that I not only own up to it, but make sure no one in retail suffers from it.

Here's a quick list of the procrastinators I've had to deal with...

1. At my mall bookstore, we closed for the night and... oh, I bet you know where this is going. This couple knocks on our flimsy lock screen (we didn't have that cool, metal cage thing other stores had) and were begging to come in and buy this study aid book they'd ordered. My co-worker (a much more assertive, strong-willed person than I) could barely conceal her annoyance at these half-wits, telling them (through the screen) that we were closed and that re-opening the registers after closing was against the rules. The couple were persisitent, saying it was an emergency and that they needed it for tomorrow (then why'd you wait 'til now, you idiots??). Finally, my coworker let them in, they bought the damn book and left (yeah, they didn't thank us, what'd you expect?). My coworker was tasting blood, she was so mad!

2. The people at drive-thru who place their order, come to my window to pay... and then try to place more orders!! WTF? Why didn't you ask for this before?? What the hell is so important that you have to hold up the line?? Jeez, you goddamned bunch of indecisive twits! Knowing what you want isn't hard! And when you place last-minute orders, it not only holds up the line, but it places unecessary stress on the people in grill, who know have to work even faster to make your order come through! Either tell me at once what you want or forget it! It's just food... you're just going to shit it out later, anyway (though, with McDonald's food, that's if you're lucky!)!

Any other of these types of customers you guys want to rant about? By all means, do!
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Quoth Deanna Darkstone View Post
    The couple were persisitent, saying it was an emergency and that they needed it for tomorrow (then why'd you wait 'til now, you idiots??). Finally, my coworker let them in, they bought the damn book and left (yeah, they didn't thank us, what'd you expect?). My coworker was tasting blood, she was so mad!
    Your co-worker needs to stop being such a jellyfish.

S/he is apparently unfamiliar with one of CS's first laws of customer service, which is the following (everyone together now!):

A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I hated people who ordered more after they pulled up. They killed our time so much it was unbelievable. Especially if they order alot after they pull up. I can understand you forgot a fry, that doesn't take time, but one time a lady ordered 2 meals at the window, during a rush, we lost so many customers due to that. My manager wouldn't let me tell her to go around or come in to order either.
      It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
      ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Quoth Deanna Darkstone
        The couple were persisitent, saying it was an emergency and that they needed it for tomorrow (then why'd you wait 'til now, you idiots??). Finally, my coworker let them in, they bought the damn book and left (yeah, they didn't thank us, what'd you expect?). My coworker was tasting blood, she was so mad!

Your co-worker needs to stop being such a jellyfish.
        No, I was the jellyfish, and I'm ashamed of it. I didn't stand my ground in the first place, and my coworker finally just appeased just they'd go away!
        "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."~Mae West

Comment

At BN once the registers are shut down, that's it. The manager runs the reports and then the system is tied up until the next morning while it consolidates all the data and uploads all the credit transactions and whatnot. There IS no reopening the register at that point.

Plus opening the door and letting people in like that is a security risk.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I have a comment about this, but I'll do it later.

Comment

Working...
            X