This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I heard you. (short)

SC arrives at counter and in a really snotty tone says, "Do you have Hannibal: Rising?"

Me: "No, they're all out."
    SC: "This is the second time I've been here and you haven't had any."
    Me thinking- "Only twice? I've had people in ten times..."
    Me: "I'm sorry." very unconvincingly. If he hadn't had such a snotty tone I might've felt bad for him...
    SC: "Maybe you didn't hear me- I said this is the second time I've been here and it's all been out."
    Me: *stern face-eye contact glare* "No. I heard you and I said 'I'm sorry'."

SC: *storms out*

Me to CSR: "What'd he think? I'd just go, 'Oh, well- since it's your 2nd visit I'll magically pull a copy out of my ass for you!' "

CSR: *sarcastically* "You mean you don't have a copy hidden for 2nd timers?"

"I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

But you do know, that you are suppose to go to the production company, and get a copy from them, or the studios them self. Or you are suppose to pull one of yours or your coworkers ass.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

How dare you not have a copy for him! You do realize that it's your responsibilty as a video shop worker to have every video or dvd that he wants, shame on you

What a moron, some people need to get a life.

Comment

And, what, he couldn't have booked one? Asked when you're expecting the next copy and come back later?

Oh wait, if it involves him actually making an EFFORT, then it's not logical...my bad!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          Me to CSR: "What'd he think? I'd just go, 'Oh, well- since it's your 2nd visit I'll magically pull a copy out of my ass for you!' "
          Could you do that for me? I really wouldn't appreciate it.

I hear this all the time, and I'm expecting to hear it about Ghost Rider tonight when I swap my movies.

Let me guess, this guy also complained that he couldn't understand Pans Labrynth?

(I"ve nade 5 visits to get an old movie that was finally in, I'm suprised it was out as much as it was (Flight of the Phoenix, 1965, the original)
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

She was angling for free shit and was mad that you didn't fall all over yourself giving it to her.

Of course, she could have behaved like an adult and asked. But then people behaving like adults don't walk around thinking they deserve free stuff just for getting out of bed in the morning.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              She was angling for free shit and was mad that you didn't fall all over yourself giving it to her.

Of course, she could have behaved like an adult and asked. But then people behaving like adults don't walk around thinking they deserve free stuff just for getting out of bed in the morning.
              That was my thought also on this. This SC, I think, was hoping you would offer something like, "Well, because everyone else beat you to this title, we'll give you a free rental. Hell, let's just give you a free month's worth of rentals for this. It's only the company's money, not mine."

Only the second time in this store? I've seen people who will at times wait hours on end to get the rental they want.

Comment

Repeating yourself always makes products magically appear! /sarcasm

Comment

Does your store offer those "rain checks"? Where if they come back and the video is in, they get to rent it for free? Or something like that? Maybe that's what he was looking for - still, simpler to ask for a "rain check" and see if the company even offers those instead of berating the poor sales clerk.

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
                    still, simpler to ask for a "rain check" and see if the company even offers those instead of berating the poor sales clerk.
                    Simpler, maybe, but not nearly as much "fun".
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                      Me thinking- "Only twice? I've had people in ten times..."
                      Way back when, we're talking just over 20 years ago, when I bought my families first VCR, the only place in town to rent videos was a local drug store chain. The way it worked was you'd go in the store, flip through a display, like those poster displays you see in stores, where the poster has a number, and you look in the same number slot for the poster you want to purchase. Well, each display panel would have 4 or 6 pictures of the video cover and a 4 digit number. You'd make a list of the movie numbers you'd like to rent, then go up to a counter where the clerk would tell you if that number/video was in. The way it was set up, you couldn't see what was in, so it wasn't uncommon to rattle off 10 numbers to get 1 video. Every week, for several months, we'd ask for 1280 (can't believe I remember that still) which was Red Dawn, because they only had one copy of each movie. We got Return of The Jedi simply because the woman in front of my mother was returning it. And it happened to be that woman got it the same way, the person in front of her had been returning it.

Comment

Oh! Oh! Act it out for him, because he's so special. End by eating his ear or eye.

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
                          HEY! I got out of bed this morning!!! No one gave me free stuff! They made me go to WORK to make money to BUY stuff! How mean.
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post

Let me guess, this guy also complained that he couldn't understand Pans Labrynth?
                            Have people actually said that because they don't want to read the subtitles?

Comment

I find it amusing that it's assumed that this SC was a woman. I think we had a thread long ago in which many people agreed that there are more women SC's.

This time, however, the SC was a man.

Quoth air914 View Post
                              Does your store offer those "rain checks"?
                              We did until just about a month ago. Never even thought about that- but then, if that's what he wanted he should have asked, "Don't I get a raincheck?"

Quoth GayleShy View Post
                              Oh! Oh! Act it out for him, because he's so special. End by eating his ear or eye.
                              A couple of years ago there was a commercial showing 2 guys in a convienience store re- enacting movie scenes. The commercial was in black and white and taken as though from the security camera (an obvious Clerks dig). I have no idea what they were advertising but it was pretty funny. I'll always remember the guy with a mop on his head going, "Hello Clarice..."
                              "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                              HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                              X