Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do my own version of the timeleap thing but I inadvertantly do it.

Clerk: "We don't have any of those."
    Me: "You don't?"
    Clerk: "Nope, sorry we don't"

Or...

Manager: "OK, Stu you can clock out now."
    Me: "Seriously?"
    Manager: "Yep."

I try hard to not make myself say "Seriously" or repeat the last phrase but I've done it for so long I can't stop myself!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post

Desensitized

Nothing says Granville like a weird old guy with no neck in a Hawaiian shirt so new the price tag is still dangling from it, with black slacks, nice shoes, a backpack and one hand down the front of his pants hunting for truffles. God bless you, Vancouver. I am so desensitized now nothing phases me.
      Welcome to the club.

[ The morning floor sup suggested I add timeleaping or timeshifting to my otherwise lengthy messiah title. )
      That can be arranged.

Robert Keith Homicidal timeleaping shapeshifting call centre Jesus: The Man

or..

WWRKTHSCCJ:TMD

Indecision

SC: "You guys have a seminar going on the 26th and the 28th in Ottawa?"
      Me: "Yes we do, would you like to register?"
      SC: "What about the 27th?"
      [major idiot snippage]
      Me: "All of the seminars run at 1pm then again at 7pm at every location."
      SC: "Oh…what about the 28th? What time is that one at?"
      Me: "1pm and 7pm."
      SC: "Oh, ok, what about-"
      My blood pressure went up just reading this.

Prizes
      My scorn and ire. Both come with a lifetime guarantee. Enjoy.
      That's freakin' awesome

Me: "……..this is <company name>, not the Bahamas."
      That's also freakin' awesome

Me: "Accessories for what?"
      SC: "Cell phones."
      Why are people even shopping for cell phone accessories in the middle of the night?! I'm sure that one can survive a few more hours with a freakin' light up Hello Kitty dangly thing for your cell phone

Quoth Polenicus View Post
      You wouldn't believe the number of people who come to British Columbia, a province in CANADA, and have taken the time and effort to convert all their currency to British Pounds. Or worse, whatever currency Columbia uses.
      In my four years of working at a tourist trap, I never encountered this! This doesn't surprise me, though. Heaven forbid you figure out what country you're going to.

Quoth Cthulhu View Post
      Heck, Britain doesn't use the Euro, why would a territory of theirs?
      You beat to it
      -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
      -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        Still waiting for the t-shirts. I think they should come in rainbow.
        Can I get an extra large in pink camo? :scampering away:
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

either pick a seminar or clear your schedule because you have an appointment with the Mli 699 Hi-Fi Sound Monitor with Magnetic Shielding. The two of you are going to become very intimate with each other but it may take an hour or two of work on my part before you warm up to each other. Bring roses.
          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

People are so DAMN stupid! (referring to the Timeleaps)
            For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
            -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

Industrial Power
              ( This company deals with industrial quantities of bulk gases such as O2 or CO2 tanks. )

Me: "Good morning, <company name thats quite obvious what they sell>."
              SC: "Excuse me?"
              Me: "This is <company name thats quite obvious what they sell>."
              SC: "Do you deal with accessories?"

Not unless your cell phone irrationally requires industrial size air tanks to operate, no. Not even close really. That'd be a hell of a cell phone though.
              And see, I had a call come in at around 11PM the other night, from a guy who apparently lost the cord to program his cell phone. When I explained that this was an after hours number for radio and infrastructure emergencies, he says "Well, this could be considered an emergency..." I had to put the phone on mute to refrain from laughing and hanging up, then explain to him that I have nothing to do with cell phones, and if I have my way, I never will again.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

For the record I've informed people I was in BC before and received responses like "Oh wow, I'm calling Europe?" or "You're European? You don't sound like it". So yes, I can verify that it DOES happen. Because people are stupid. ><

God I've only been at work for 15 minutes and I already have two entries.

Comment

So answer me this, GK, do you have a HUGE folder full of greetings and policies and such for all these companies you answer for?

I mean, you take orders for some companies, but other times, it seems that you just take phone messages.

/confuzzled
                  Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
                    So answer me this, GK, do you have a HUGE folder full of greetings and policies and such for all these companies you answer for?

I mean, you take orders for some companies, but other times, it seems that you just take phone messages.

/confuzzled

The way our software works is all the greetings, info, staff lists, contacts. catalogues, products, policies/directions, etc etc for the client pop on screen along with the call for the client. So the whole lot of it ( and yeah, sometimes there is a shit ton of it ) is right in front of you while you're on the call. The software is called Infinity from Amtelco. We use it plus the eCreator engine add ons and an older software called PI which is tied to Infinity as well. It can be kind of a bitch since Infinity and PI are seperate programs and eCreate likes to spawn in its own window as well. Infinity also launches IE for some clients who have propriety web interfaces or software they want us to use. So much alt tabbing is had some times and some of it can be annoyingly convoluted. Especially when we're relying on a client's web end software since we can't change or tailor it to be more efficient for us.

So yeah, I guess it actually is all pretty dementedly complicated. I'm a geek to begin with and I'm so use to it that it doesn't phase me. But during the day operators are divided into teams along different clients/call types. Since there's just two people on graveyard though we have to be trained on every client/software.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth
                      Still waiting for the t-shirts. I think they should come in rainbow.

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      Can I get an extra large in pink camo? :scampering away:

Why am I now picturing pink camo SC.com shirts in the hopefully near future?
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        Why am I now picturing pink camo SC.com shirts in the hopefully near future?
                        I want one! Make mine 3XL--my right arm is in a sling (and will be for at least another month ) from my shoulder surgery, and I need it big enough to get on using only 1 arm.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                          I am evil because it made my day to picture those people getting strip searched at customs because they are coming from B.C. with a wad of Columbian cash.
                          Thats not so funny, I had a full search leaving Colombia 'cos the damn drug dog liked me! (Technically not a FULL strip search but pretty close)
                          "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
                          "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Industrial Power
                            ( This company deals with industrial quantities of bulk gases such as O2 or CO2 tanks. )

Me: "Good morning, <company name thats quite obvious what they sell>."
                            SC: "Excuse me?"
                            Me: "This is <company name thats quite obvious what they sell>."
                            SC: "Do you deal with accessories?"

Not unless your cell phone irrationally requires industrial size air tanks to operate, no. Not even close really. That'd be a hell of a cell phone though.
                            That's it, I'm gonna find a way to combine my CO2 tank and my cell phone. Make a pneumatic opener and antenna extender. Where'd I put that busted 'Cocker...
                            Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Hmm is it too much to wonder if Mr. Indecisive was being thrown by the meeting in 2 locations? Despite the fact that Kanata and Ottawa are close enough to be basically the same city?

Comment

I actually had someone ask me once what currency they used in Hawaii. they were going to Hawaii on vacation and wanted to know what currency to get their dollars changed into.

Comment

Working...
                                X