This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Star!

Ugh, accursed Vancouver weather. It was nice and mild last night so I checked the forcast for today: Partially clouding with chance of showers later in the day. So I figured yay, I can wear my shorts and sandals to work since its nice and mild out. Then I'll be home before it spits rain anyway.

So I get off work this morning and guess what! Its a monsoon outside downtown. Its literally like standing under a shower faucet and here I am in my shorts and sandals. People are looking at me like I'm insane ( More so then usual. ). I'm just pretending nothing's amiss... ;p

Stuff I've Had Randomly Yelled At Me in the Last 12 Hours

"HEY CUTIE!~" (......)
    "Dude, nice haircut! Can I have some change?" (......no.....)
    "(in reference to my attire in the monsoon)...<snort>...ahahahhaha" (Die in a fire.)

Achievement

SC: "My friend's car is stuck in the parking lot at blah blah. The gate was locked and his car is still in there."
    Me: "Ok-"
    SC: "The sign says the gate is locked at 6pm, but it was still open at 9pm when they got there. So they parked there and now its locked."

Wait…the sign says its suppose to be locked. It wasn't locked when you got there. So you figured you'd park there anyway even though you knew it was suppose to be locked. Now you're surprised its locked when you came back? I need to start keeping gold star stickers at my desk here so I can award you ditch monkeys appropriately when you pull off fantastical feats of critical thinking like this. Gold star!

Exploits

Me: "Good morning, <company>."
    SC: "Oh, hi. Let me get my wife to talk to you about last night."

….um….I don't think I want to hear what she's about to elaborate on….though I'm curious as to why you feel that I ( or indeed anyone ) need to know of such things. Do you often call random companies at 4am to share your…..exploits? Are you just going through the phone book calling them up? Am I nothing but another notch in your Yellow Pages?! I thought you loved me! <sob>

Achievement....

Me: "Good morning, <blatantly a roofing company>. Are you calling about our roofing systems?"
    SC: "Hi, I locked my keys in my car."

Intriguing. How did you come to the conclusion that this has anything to do with me? Did you wish me to roof your car? Are roofing tiles particularly well known for their ability to jimmy a Honda Civic? That was sufficiently idiotic on your part. So you know what that means, right? Gold star!

Me: "and what would you like to order?"
    SC: "xxxx-xx"
    Me: "I'm afraid that item is completely out of stock."
    SC: "You guys are out?"
    Me: "Yes."
    SC: "What about black then?"
    Me: "That's out of stock. I don't have any of that item in any size or colour."
    SC: "But it says both colours."
    Me: "Yes, both are out of stock."
    SC: "It's suppose to be both colours!"

I'm knocking on the front door of your skull. Let me in. Its cold out here and there are wolves.

Purpose

SC: "Yeah, can I order?"
    Me: "I'll have to give you another number to place an order at."
    SC: "Oh, ok. What's this then?"
    Me: "This is the corporate line, not the order line."
    SC: "What's that?"
    Me: "…..this is the main office's corporate line."
    SC: "What do you do then?"

Suffer the fools of humanity. You?

( Name's changed. )

Me: "and your last name?"
    SC: "Riteder."
    Me: "Can you spell that, please?"
    Me: "Yes, but can you spell it for me?"
    Me: Yes, but can you spell it?

You can't, can you? It’s a miracle you even managed to dial the phone, isn't it? How long did you spend randomly prodding the key pad with your cheddar encrusted monkey paws before you managed to get to me? Oh well, on the upside if you were just randomly dialing around Nunavut trying to reach us there was a 50/50 chance of being related to whomever you got instead.

Deja Vu

"Yeah hi, my truck is stuck in your parkade. The sign outside clearly says its open from 9pm to 1am. Well its past 1 now and my truck is stuck."

Yes, he actually said "clearly". The hours were clearly displayed outside on a sign, which he read and understood then proceeded to leave his truck there past 1am anyway. I do not have an explanation for his jaunty skip down the pothole laden dirt road known as Failure. I can only award him the coveted gold star sticker.

Celebration

Me: "and what's your phone number?"
    SC: "Oh, geez, I don't know. Hang on…."
    Me: "……."
    SC: "umm…..hmmmm…….er….."
    Me: "……."
    SC: "You'd think we'd have it written down."

Yes, you'd think that, wouldn't you? Then I'd congratulate you on having your first coherent thought of the day and we would have a right smashing good time at Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. Tally-ho!

Day Three and Four: Complete.

Days off achieved!

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    "HEY CUTIE!~"
    That could have been any of your assorted fangirls. Although I suppose it would have been followed by your immediate abduction and subsequent being tied to the bed in an isolated cabin in the mountains had it been so.

SC: "My friend's car is stuck in the parking lot at blah blah. The gate was locked and his car is still in there."
    What exactly did he expect you to do? Jump through the phone line and unlock it? Open it with your mind?

SC: "Oh, hi. Let me get my wife to talk to you about last night."
    You'd be surprised what people will describe over the phone. Had a guy one time, I asked him how his day was going and, well, I don't know what happened. He must have been a newlywed or something:

Guy: It's going GREAT! Once I get finished up here at the mall, I'm going to go have sex with my wife!
    ME: Uh...
    Guy: God, her boobs are so big and amazing.
    ME: ...

Once again, what exactly in the name of Bob Saget did he expect anyone to do about this?

I'm knocking on the front door of your skull. Let me in. Its cold out here and there are wolves.
    Given the choice of getting inside what passes for a customer's brain and wolves, I'd take my chances with the wolves.

Suffer the fools of humanity. You?
    That's awesome. I'm going to use that from now on when people ask me what I do for a living.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Ugh, accursed Vancouver weather. It was nice and mild last night so I checked the forecast for today: Partially clouding with chance of showers later in the day. So I figured yay, I can wear my shorts and sandals to work since its nice and mild out. Then I'll be home before it spits rain anyway.

So I get off work this morning and guess what! Its a monsoon outside downtown. Its literally like standing under a shower faucet and here I am in my shorts and sandals. People are looking at me like I'm insane ( More so then usual. ). I'm just pretending northing's amiss...
      And you've lived in Vancouver for HOW long? You should know there's two seasons there: wet and dry, with the dry season being 4 days non-concurrent.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Do you often call random companies at 4am to share your…..exploits? Are you just going through the phone book calling them up? Am I nothing but another notch in your Yellow Pages?! I thought you loved me! <sob>

I left my car window down the other night at work, it was supposed to be clear all night, but NOOOOOO! We had a torrential thunderstorm, and my seat got soaked, I drove my 40 minute commute with a cold wet ass...

Comment

Deja Vu

"Yeah hi, my truck is stuck in your parkade. The sign outside clearly says its open from 9pm to 1am. Well its past 1 now and my truck is stuck."

Yes, he actually said "clearly". The hours were clearly displayed outside on a sign, which he read and understood then proceeded to leave his truck there past 1am anyway. I do not have an explanation for his jaunty skip down the pothole laden dirt road known as Failure. I can only award him the coveted gold star sticker.
          Wow! Proof that they CAN read and comprehend signs! Amazing. Of course, acting appropriately in accordance with that comprehension is apparently thus far unattainable...

Quoth Gravekeeper
          "HEY CUTIE!~"

Quoth KaraCS
          That could have been any of your assorted fangirls.
          I confess, it was me.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

867 scares me

Comment

Deja Vu

Heh. You should have gotten all happy with that guy.

"They're closed on time? That's great! The last place was supposed to lock up at 6, but they were stil open after 9. So, what is it you want me to do for you?"

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              867 scares me
              You should look into whether or not your likely to get calls from there.

Although, judging from some of Kara's posts, it seems that the US has it's own 867 people, but that they don't congregate in a single area code for easy identification.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

So I get off work this morning and guess what! Its a monsoon outside downtown. Its literally like standing under a shower faucet and here I am in my shorts and sandals. People are looking at me like I'm insane ( More so then usual. ). I'm just pretending nothing's amiss... ;p
                Why does this surprise you?! How long have you lived here? Are you actually from Alberta? The jig is up!

Stuff I've Had Randomly Yelled At Me in the Last 12 Hours

"HEY CUTIE!~" (......)
                I have witnesses that can place me far away from the scene of the crime. Although, it looks like BSE has confessed to the crime.

SC: "The sign says the gate is locked at 6pm, but it was still open at 9pm when they got there. So they parked there and now its locked."

Are there usually this many idiots every night? I'm glad that I escape downtown before the sun goes down.

Day Three and Four: Complete.

Days off achieved!
                Here's a gold star!
                -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Best part was they were calling the city district emergency line to let them out of the parkade.....even if I had conceded to try and help him the on call guys would laugh in my face, call him back, then laugh in his face.

Are there usually this many idiots every night?
                  Yes.

The "hey cutie" was a carload of drunk girls. So I blame it on Beer Goggles(tm).

Comment

Yes.

The "hey cutie" was a carload of drunk girls. So I blame it on Beer Goggles(tm).
                    Oh, well I don't drink beer...

Doesn't it just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside when drunk people yell how hot you are from passing cars?

I was miniature golfing at the boardwalk once with an ex (before we were even technically dating) and some guys drove by and yelled "Hey Buddy, Your girlfriend has a nice ass!"

I nearly ditched the guy and went chasing after the car, but I realized I couldn't climb the fence that fast...So I stuck with him and we dated for a year...
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Its a monsoon outside downtown. Its literally like standing under a shower faucet and here I am in my shorts and sandals. People are looking at me like I'm insane ( More so then usual. ). I'm just pretending nothing's amiss... ;p
                      And see, I'd would've thought you were smart. Me? I *hatehatehate* the feeling when the bottom few inches of my pants are wet, and tend to roll them up or wear shorts/a skirt when it rains, just to avoid it.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

So, you'd probably blend in quite nicely down here.

Maybe he was expecting you to be the OnStar guy . . . you know, one of those people who magically opens their vehicle if their keys get locked in the car (despite having the service or not) . . .

Although, you could have offered him a more manual way of unlocking his vehicle . . . "just take a crowbar, or a brick, or a rock . . . something heavy and dense will do . . . your head should work . . ."

Again, maybe they were thinkin' you were the OnStar guy . . .

Maybe the sign should be changed . . . . "If you're a moron, don't park in this lot . . . Not responsible for broken windows or bleeding heads . . ."
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Well, in all fairness, your fan girls have seen your photo and will beg to differ.

Now, I have to issue an apology for suggesting that you were from Alberta, in relation to the comment you made about today's weather. That was posted before I had even brushed my teeth. The weather today was erratic, even for Vancouver. The rain fall was incredibly heavy, which is odd for day #2 of summer. It was sunny one minute, then raining hard the next. In the span of 15 minutes, I saw buckets of rain, sunshine and dry skies, and lightning. I went into Blockbuster not needing an umbrella or a jacket and left 5 minutes later using my DVDs to cover my head.

My apologies.
                          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

We got HAIL here bout an hour ago. Thick curtains of it for about 20 minutes. Hail, wind, thunder and lightning. It came out of no where. I heard only the screams of those caught outside across the neighbourhood... -.-

Comment

( Name's changed. )

Me: "and your last name?"
                              Me: "Can you spell that, please?"
                              Me: "Yes, but can you spell it for me?"
                              Me: Yes, but can you spell it?
                              Word to word same thing that happened to me last week, enquiring about how to spell a name on a cake.
                              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Working...
                              X