This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No refund for you!

I'm sorry you spent too much for your darling daughter's wedding. I'm sure you had the best of intentions, and your daughter was nice, we remember working with her.

But you've come in almost two months after her wedding, and want to be reimbursed some of the money you spent on her dress. You say the gown was too long. The hem is not soiled, though, like it would be if it had dragged on the floor all day. No, we did not discourage your DD from trying it on. Actually, you picked up the dress, days before the wedding, and signed a release saying you accepted the garment without trying it on. The dress does have a three corner tear, where it caught on something, but clearly not from being too long.

When that didn't work, you said you were charged twice for the work. Although we did do a second adjustment on the hem, we did not charge you twice, as you tried to claim. We have the work tickets to show that.

Now the wedding bills are coming due, and you're short money for the month. Go hit up the caterer, the photogragher, the videographer, the florist, the musicians, etc. You're bound to get something if you gripe enough.

Wait a minute, the daughter didn't bother trying on her wedding dress before they got it and the mother tried to get money after the wedding ended two months. I just don't understand some people.

Really I mean if are buying or renting clothing (especially something this important) at least try it on before you decide to get it. Now sometimes you are in store where you can't try on stuff so yes you should make sure you get at least the receipt and have the tags on when you try them at home however I wouldn't do this if you have a ways to go. Also you can always carry a small tape measure which I do just to see if something will fit you before trying it on.

The only reason why this woman months if she was really busy with other things and yes, maybe she was trying to get money from other wedding businesses before she tried you.
    Last edited by rdp78; 06-26-2007, 01:28 AM. Reason: added something
    Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
    My space
    Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X