• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodbye Sir Christopher Lee

http://kotaku.com/rip-sir-christophe...ium=Socialflow

I'm gonna go cry now.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

A fascinating man all around. My first exposure to Lee was when I was 3 years old, and I saw The Last Unicorn (which remains my favorite movie- I'm 36 now). Also wonderful in The Devil Rides Out, where he plays a rare good guy. He's a prime example of a life well-lived.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

May he rest in peace, and rock the heavens with his very presence.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

One of the greatest actors ever - and one of the longest having been in the industry for over 60 years. Did THE WARRIORS/DARK AVENGER with Errol Flynn in 1950 (Sir Lee's hand got hit during their duel, a wound which pained him to the end) plus several episodes of ERROL FLYNN THEATER in the early 50's. Unbilled in both CAPTAIN HORATIO HORNBLOWER (1951) with Gregory Peck and the classic CRIMSON PIRATE (1952) with Burt Lancaster. Steadily acted ever since but got badly typecast as Dracula in a number of Hammer Films in the 50's/60's. Still, he overcame that to do so many varied roles in his later career.

I hope he's reunited with his best friend Peter Cushing, fondly remembering trying their doing their very best to kill each other in Dracula and THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN.

Goodbye, Sir Lee, we will not see your likes soon again...

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          A fascinating man all around.
          No kidding...a commando turned actor (number 9).
          Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          My first exposure to Lee was when I was 3 years old
          Mine was at 8 and it was one of his Dracula pics (sorry, I don't recall which).
          93....wow!
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

The best comment I've read so far about him was from artist/author Ursula Vernon:

"You know, if I could pack as much living in a decade as Christopher Lee did in a year, I wouldn't consider my time on earth wasted."

Farewell, Sir Christopher.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I read his Wikipedia entry. He led a fascinating life, met a lot of interesting people. Now I need to go check out some of his films.

RIP, Mr. Lee.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Not many people know it, but he was great friends with Tolkien, who gave him his blessing to play Gandalf if a LotR movie was ever made.

My grandfather idolized him so much that if my mom had turned out to be a boy, her name was going to be Christopher Lee.
                The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

Damn it. That's all, just . . . damn it.

Comment

He has become one with the force.

R.I.P Count Dooku
                    http://dragcave.net/image/utXO.gif

Comment

With that great legacy, I really don't understand why there isn't an obituary up on AICN yet.

Namarië, you magnificent bastard.
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

That is all. RIP Saruman.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

And let's not forget King Haggard (such a wonderfully descriptive name!) in The Last Unicorn.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

He was the real most interesting man in the world.
                            Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
                            X