This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacking Military Intellegence

I swear it is not Fraching (I love starting thread like that, makes people nervous )

Another thread reminded me of this from NotAlwaysWorking.

Short story, Waitress cut up a female sailors ID card, because she did not believe that there are female active-duty sailors. That none exist. That they are Sasquatch.

Waitress probably heard about the debate going on with women in combat, and then took a short-trip to stupid town.

Technically, the waitress could be charge with "destruction of government property". Those IDs are not cheap (at least $50 per card). They have a special chip in them that lets you access military computers. Also, they store all your personal data and fingerprints (so if you have a bio-metric device on that computer, you can prove that you put in the card). I heard of one person who stole a soldiers wallet that got charged with theft of government property (though I think he also tried to sell the ID to forgers, so they were tacking on charges).

At one point, I bought a card reader just so I could check my Army Email at home. Because it was easier than trying to change your password every 30-90 days (depending on when the last time you were at your unit, I was reserves.) Also, it made me feel like a powerful secret agent sliding my card in to access the system.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

I have family members in every branch of the military and just WOW. To be that ignorant...
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I want to know what waitress walks around with "a huge pair of shears" in her apron. Having done the work I know you don't carry around weird unneeded stuff like that.

Comment

Quoth ImmBarb View Post
        I want to know what waitress walks around with "a huge pair of shears" in her apron...
        A sideline in instant vasectomies?
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
          I swear it is not Fraching (I love starting thread like that, makes people nervous )
          Be careful. This post may not be Fratching material, but the future replies could drag the thread into it.
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
          X