X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WALFFLES?!?!?!

30-people-kicked-out-of-hotel-for-fighting-over-a-waffle-maker
    second source

OK, yep, that is real. I am sad. Slightly happy they were kicked out.

No one was injured, but Cole said the fight put a strain on local police resources.

"We had two-thirds of our road patrol tied up on this fiasco," he said.
    That is tragic. These police work hard, they do not need this stupid.

I am just at a loss.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Must be one hell of a waffle.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Those self-serve waffle makers are a PITA. I've run across them at Petro breakfast buffets, and the cook cycle is 2 1/2 minutes. If there's only 1 waffle maker (usually the case), it becomes a bottleneck when a lot of people want to get breakfast at the same time. Sounds like what happened here - and an EW decided to jump the line.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I am just wondering why they allowed the line jumper to make the waffle and then attempted to her waffle away. Why didn't they say we were here first and in line! when she cut the line?

Comment

Sounds more like an incontinental breakfast to me......

Seriously, who gets this worked up over waffles?! Granted, they're probably better than your average continental breakfast fare, but wars need not be fought over breakfast food. I guess some people have too many (waffle) irons in the fire...
          Goofy music!
          Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
            Seriously, who gets this worked up over waffles?!
            Dora on PFB who was up in arms a few years ago because Chili's doesn't serve waffles!

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
              Dora on PFB who was up in arms a few years ago because Chili's doesn't serve waffles!
              Here's her post
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

But but but! She has a Masters Degree in Art History!

Which sounds to me like a ridiculously expensive way to probably end up in the same employment circumstances as those "high school dropouts" she denigrates.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  But but but! She has a Masters Degree in Art History!
                  A Science graduate asks "Why does it work?"
                  An Engineering graduate asks "How does it work?"
                  A Business graduate asks "It works - now how can I make a profit from it?"
                  An Art History graduate asks "Would you like fries with that?"
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X