Some days I try to forget what happened during the day, then remember it could be material for here.
The Phone Lady Strikes Back
I normally get her like once a month. But last week she called 4 times (that I know of) pretty much asking the same questions. And my poor 16 year old coworker had to deal with her last night, again asking the same thing she asked 3 days ago.
Reading Too Much Into Something
He wasn't a customer, just needed to use the bathroom. Fine, whatever. He asked me where it was (underlined words are important), I pointed
and told him go straight back
there where the door was. No, he goes to the left. He finds a coworker and she showed him where to go. He then comes up to me asking the strangest shit.
"Is that the parking lot; is that the back from the parking lot, etc". No asshole, from my perspective, where I am at is the front and where I POINTED to was the back. Of the 5+ years I have been there, you seem to not understand that we are in a rectangle-ish store. Your perception of things changes every time you turn around. FUCK YOU. My manager and I laughed about it after he left.
Guy asks where pens are. I heard "pins". His excuse? Some people don't understand him cause he is stoned
Yesterday, another dude comes in with to buy eye drops. It was 7.79. He gave me 7 bucks. I asked him if he had $.79. He said no. Then I told him he needed a dollar.
Our main competitor that has 3 letters in the name has these card things that gives you points and whatnot. People try to give them to me. Some go"OMG, whoops" others go "Why won't you accept it?"
Our carts have the locked wheels. Thus far, in my city we are the only ones to have it except a grocery chain here in Florida. People get so frustrated cause they keep trying to move it, but it barely budges. And then they come yell at me cause they were idiots and didn't stop what they were doing. Oh and trying to get these carts is a pain cause people think they can drive however they want. I almost ran over 6 times last week by people my age
I'm Calling the Health Department
Ok, granted there are people out there allergic to animals (please don't start something to get us into fratching territory). But my store and a couple others allow dogs, birds and some extreme cases cats. Lady comes in and starts bitching like a maniac cause her son is allergic and started calling the poor old lady with the dog "Cunt" and some other colorful words. Yeah, that's good for the kid, too. So far I am still able to bring my dogs to my store and my roomies.
Patience is a Virtue
At a different store:
People ask me where things are, I tell them off the bat that I don't work at that store normally, but I can try my best to pinpoint where it is. 99% of the people were understanding. The other 1%, bitched and moaned. Thankfully I found a worker there to find where it was.
Are You Done Yet?
What I like to ask some people. A couple of people came in and grabbed some cat food. One person was at the register and the other was playing with their purse. A line started forming. Fucking tell me if you are going to be a minute. You are not the only customer in the world.
No, Kind Sir You are not Funny
It really irritates me people try to joke around about stealing and thinks I'm gonna laugh with them. No, my sense of humor does not work when I am working. Pay for your shit and leave.
Pay Attention to Your Fucking Kid
God, this couple was in for a while last night letting the kids run around. One kid went right to the door. I got out of register to keep a close eye. The parents would probably not listen to me anyways. Gah.