Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the "big name" artists aren't immune to SCs. I've heard that Michelangelo, while painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, had one too many visits from a SC (whose promotion to his current job was announced via a thin wisp of white smoke) demanding progress reports. On one visit, he "accidentally" knocked a container of paint off the scaffolding he was using. The visits stopped.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
      So as some of you guys know, I am focusing a lot on freelance Art work at the moment.
      I remember from one of your first posts about the school, someone tried to walk out with a painting you had done. I'm glad you're turning to your craft as a source of income.

Ugh. Is this what freelance is going to be like?
      Yes. Oh gods yes.

And that's just what I've learned trying to pursue my own crafts, as well as watching my sister-in-law try to pull in some extra dollars by doing charcoal portraits.

It has it's rewards, but I've yet meet a single artist who has not run into the same problems you and many posters in this thread have encountered. That isn't to say you should be discouraged. Just be prepared for a long road ahead and hope that it ends with someone opening up their business space for a gallery showing.

Comment

Working...
      X