This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More of THIS crap?

SC: My [company] rewards card wouldn't work at the pump. *badly tries to explain what it was doing/not doing*
    Me: May I see your card?
    SC: *hands me competitor's card.*
    Me: ...was this the card you were using at the pump?
    SC: Yes.
    Me: Well that's why it didn't work. We're not [competitor.]
    SC: ....oh. I just have the worst luck with these cards...

That's not luck lady, that's just being oblivious. The funny part was that she called it the CORRECT name in the first line she said to me. Siiiigh.

Me: That'll be 6.xx.
    SC: *hands me 100 dollar bill*
    Me: *pops that sucker into the change-maker, realizes there is only one set of tens so buys 5 tens, 8 fives, and a 10$ roll of quarters.* Well this is what you're gettin'.
    SC:
    Me: Didn't have enough in the drawer so I had to pop it in here.

I could have taken the roll of quarters. Buuuuut I didn't. Too evil for that shit.

CW: And here's your change. (It was about 80 in tens/fives since that's what she had.)
    SC: Uhhh...can I have twenties?
    CW: We don't keep twenties in the drawers.
    SC: That's stupid.
    CW: Uuuuhmmm no it isn't.
    SC: ... *leaves*

I was leaving.

Me: She'll get you over there.
    SC: Why? Are you too good to ring me out?
    Me: Yep.
    SC: ...oh. Uhm...at least you're honest.
    Me: Honesty is the best policy.

SC: I need lottery.
    Me: She can do lottery over there.
    SC: ...you guys should really have a sign.
    Me: We do. Right here. *points*
    SC: ...oh. I...I...didn't...I didn't read...I mean...

He spent the rest of the transaction with my CW telling her how he didn't read the sign. No shit Sherlock.

DIAPERS IN THE SANITARY NAPKIN BOXES. ENOUGH SAID. I HATE EVERYONE WHO DOES THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

Wacky Gaki is at it again!

I swear, your customers are getting worse every time you post.
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      SC: Why? Are you too good to ring me out?
      Me: Yep.
      SC: ...oh. Uhm...at least you're honest.
      I love that you can say "yep" like that and not get in trouble for it. ... and that the customer seemed too surprised by the response to say much else.

kinda wonder if you'd gone the subservient "sorry ma'am/sir" route that they'd have tried to dig into you more, but this just short-circuited his/her brain quite nicely.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
        SC: ...you guys should really have a sign.
        Me: We do. Right here. *points*
        SC: ...oh. I...I...didn't...I didn't read...I mean...
        Me: Yes, I know. ... But I'm glad you admitted it. Honesty is the best policy, after all.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Usually my times for that don't go well, like when I rolled my eyes at a customer. I launched into an apology and they accepted it. But the woman who kept asking me over and over again if I had her part, and I kept telling her no, didn't accept it when I said: "Unless the rope you're looking for is a ski rope, we don't have it."
          Her: >
          Me:...it's been a long day...

Comment

Is it evil that I LOVE giving the idjits that bring the $100 bills first thing in the morning for a $4 purchase $95 in fives

Comment

It's ok Gaki...your name reminds us that there's always a way to laugh off work stress.

http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/

Just watch the TV show with your name in it!
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                It's ok Gaki...your name reminds us that there's always a way to laugh off work stress.

http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/

Just watch the TV show with your name in it!
                WAHAHAHAHA!!! That is much needed. After today I'm just about ready to punch someone in the face. I could have throttled a TON of people today but I'm too busy trying to drown my sorrows to type it all up. Let's just say I was so angry on the phone today that I was NEARLY SPEECHLESS (I did manage to yell at them though and they did manage to display complete apathy and incompetence and kept my customer waiting probably 20 minutes because the first two people I talked to couldn't tell me what to do with a freaking approval code...turns out all I had to do was write it on the back of the check. It took a supervisor to tell me that.). There is also probably a note in a file somewhere for that check processing company that says "Clerk was impatient and intensely frustrated."

Siiiigh. Nothing a good Jack and Coke can't handle I suppose.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

DIAPERS IN THE SANITARY NAPKIN BOXES. ENOUGH SAID. I HATE EVERYONE WHO DOES THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.
                  Better than on the floor. Open. Poop side down.

Comment

I'm so in love with Gaki's attitude these days, I look forward to every new post.

It's like I'm reliving my old days at the gas station, but saying everything I wish I could have said years ago.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                      [B]
                      One of my best friends is a postal worker. Forever imbedded in his brain was the horrible day he went to collect the contents of a mailbox. Buried in the mail was an open poopy diaper. Unfortunately, he did not notice it until part of its contents were on his arm. At that point, there was shit all over the mail as well. Now people have been known to put gum wrappers, old newspapers, and the like in mailboxes, but a used diaper? WTF is wrong with people?

Comment

I would rather the poopy nappy in the sanitary disposal than half way down the toilet.

The morons had tried to flush it. I won't describe it but it was

I felt so sorry for whoever had to get that out.
                        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Gidgetdigit View Post
                          One of my best friends is a postal worker. Forever imbedded in his brain was the horrible day he went to collect the contents of a mailbox. Buried in the mail was an open poopy diaper. Unfortunately, he did not notice it until part of its contents were on his arm. At that point, there was shit all over the mail as well. Now people have been known to put gum wrappers, old newspapers, and the like in mailboxes, but a used diaper? WTF is wrong with people?
                          Almost as good (bad). I delivered to one of our getto apartments on MOnday night. I am VERY glad I had my flashlight with me and had it ON. Right in front of the door was this nice line of "wrapped" packages. Upon a closer look I realized it was a line of diapers.

WHO wraps up their used diapers and puts them out in front of their door??? RIGHT I remember where I am writing this post
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Maybe their burglar alarm was busted and they needed the next best thing?
                            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                              WHO wraps up their used diapers and puts them out in front of their door???
                              There was a role playing computer game (Ultima VII) many years ago in which used diapers could be collected and used as a weapon against monsters.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X