Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing is, I think it was either at Malmart or some other place, that they say you MUST DO ALL THREE.

Uhhh...
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

You didn't lose anything except a whole boatload of aggravation. That guy sounds like the kind who would have asked your prices and then tried to offer you about a tenth of that, on the grounds that "it's just a little sketch!"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        You're both lazy. I painted the town red in one evening.
        I saw a red door and I wanted it painted black....
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Monochromatic!
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
            Monochromatic!
            Take off the nice bright colors...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              No colors anymore . . . .
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                It's amazing how some people think that us artists can just shit out highly detailed art in a matter of hours. Those are also the same people who don't want to pay us what we are worth for our time and work because they think we do it for fun.
                I have to agree. When I did freelance 3D models, I once had a client who would 'MSN' me every half hour "Is it done yet?" That was on the same day he gave me the project. Needless to say he was an ass and I ended up getting screwed out of money from this guy.

-ExArtShopSlave.

Comment

I got a guy try to pay me with sexual favors once.
                  Well, more like, out of nowhere attempted to cybersex me. In the middle of discussing a book cover.

wtf?
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                    No colors anymore . . . .
                    Doesn't matter. Mama/Kodak took my Kodachrome away.

Comment

Quoth ExArtShopSlave View Post
                      I once had a client who would 'MSN' me every half hour "Is it done yet?"
                      This is when you implement the "Annoyance tax" (a subset of Asshole tax). You've given him an estimated time; every MSN message before that time adds $25 to the final price. Messages after the quoted time are +$10 for every message beyond the first within any given hour period.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                        I got a guy try to pay me with sexual favors once.
                        Well, more like, out of nowhere attempted to cybersex me. In the middle of discussing a book cover.

wtf?
                        One of the major reasons I don't do commission work, aside from my slow output rate, is that the only folks who bothered to contact me regarding my work were those who acted similarly. That is, they were sure I wasn't just a mere artist, but was a potential cybersex buddy who was advertizing their kinks through their artwork......

When you live in a basement and your only contact with the world is an AIM channel and the occasional pizza deliveryman, I suppose I can't fault you for having a fractured idea of how other people/society works, but even you should know you don't ask a total stranger their sexual orientation within the first 3 sentences of conversation.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Ha. I do fiber crafts. I do a very limited amount of commissions anymore. I had someone order a hat for a five year old, and made the damn thing only to have them get all pissy. Why? Because the five year old was the size of a 12 year old. Wayyy too small. Maybe they should have mentioned that?!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner
                          "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

SC: Yes, well...you just lost yourself a customer!
                            Considering how demanding he's already been, I think you can do without that specific customer.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                              Of course not!

....it gets worse. :<
                              A song for anything and anything for a song?

Comment

Yes, freelance can be cutthroat, and just because it's freelance, you will have no shortage of morons.

Comment

Working...
                                X