This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess they don't care about keeping their customers

Said to a person in the background while I was transferring her to return a product.

This person bought a Kindle. She wants to talk to someone about her Brindle. I tell that House of Crap doesn't do tech support. We sell the items, the companies that made them can help you make them work. Apparently Amazon doesn't have a customer service number for issues dealing with the Kindle and you have to requrest help through their contact page. She didn't like that, she said that we should have said on air that they don't have a number to call, blah blah blah.

I told her that unless the issue is due to accidental damage and we could replace it, otherwise she has to go through amazon or she could return as she bought it within a month.

Then she finally said that issue was that it wasn't able to contect to the internet. I have had enough people that don't really know how to do that, that it isn't a OMG the Kindle is broken thing, more like OMG the internets is sooo hard to work thing. So I tell her for that she has to go through amazon for tech support or like I said before she can return it.

So then she passive agressively says she will return it because she can't use it, and I transfer her. Then I hear a guy in the background ask what was happening and she told him that she was going to return the item and we don't care.

Yes we don't care....right....
    The angels have the phone box.

you can either have Amazon call you ( the form on the webpage) or call them. There certainly IS a customer service number, I've needed to use it myself.

Comment

Amazon has two customer services. One for Amazon stuff, and there's another one that's specifically for Kindle. They pretty much will bend over backwards to help you if there's ever a problem with a Kindle. It doesn't even have to be one that was bought directly from them. If you bought a Kindle from a brick&mortar store that Amazon sells them thru, they'll still help you.

Amazon has some of the best customer service I've seen.

There is a toll free number for their CS departments, you just have to search it out. It's on their site tho.

Comment

Our company has a notice that says that Amazon doesn't have a number for Kindle, but to go through the website, so I can't tell them to do anything else but that. However, she didn't want to talk to them she wanted us to tech support one item out the thousands we stock.

Comment

There is a toll free number for their CS departments, you just have to search it out. It's on their site tho.
          Yes, but that would mean the customer would have to READ the information page. Can't do that!

Ironic, considering they bought a Kindle to, you know, read....
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Reading?

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Yes, but that would mean the customer would have to READ the information page. Can't do that!

Ironic, considering they bought a Kindle to, you know, read....
            Not really, considering how fired up about about the internet they were, don't be surprise if they wanted to just play games on FaceBook.

I don't even know if they would work on a Kindle, but I bet the customer would assume they will.

Comment

Oh sure...internet will work on the Kindle...

As long as you're only trying to read a forum or are willing to write an email one letter at a time with the D-pad. (I have a basic Kindle)
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

and you have to requrest help through their contact page. She didn't like that, she said that we should have said on air that they don't have a number to call, blah blah blah.
                it's too bad she insisted on that. i've personally used their "request help" function & directed my BF to use it too. the "wait time" is usually around 5 or 6 ... seconds. I mean me personally... I don't care that they won't give me their phone number, not when they called back that quickly.

The first time I had my BF try it over an issue, I think he was kinda skeptical about my claims on the short wait time. .... until his phone rang a few seconds after he sent the request off.
                Last edited by PepperElf; 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  it's too bad she insisted on that. i've personally used their "request help" function & directed my BF to use it too. the "wait time" is usually around 5 or 6 ... seconds. I mean me personally... I don't care that they won't give me their phone number, not when they called back that quickly.

The first time I had my BF try it over an issue, I think he was kinda skeptical about my claims on the short wait time. .... until his phone rang a few seconds after he sent the request off.
                  I think 5 seconds is a conservative estimate of the time it takes for them to call you back. Every time I've had to use the service, I've barely had time to reach for my phone before it started working.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

starsinthesky, what's a Brindle?

Comment

I need to edit that. I can't spell apparently and have no idea why I typed a B instead of a K.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Except that it is not easily found. They are no better than those companies that have nine-zillion voice mail menus before you can talk to an actual person who speaks your language.

Comment

Working...
                        X