X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm baaaack...as are the SCs!!

Hello everyone! *waves*
    After quite a long hiatus, I'm back, with PLENTY of stories to share and vent about.
    Long story short, things were really hectic for a while with work, however Im currently on leave from work so have plenty of time on my hands to get back into posting. [currently just over 5 mths pregnant with identical twin boys, sadly one of them is really struggling there's a link in my sig with all the deets there]

So. Given how many stories I have to share. I will start with just a few here now so as not to bombard the boards...
    For those unaware, I work in health insurance.

Me - *welcome spiel*
    SC - *interrupts me* 'yeah look I didnt ask for your life story, just tell me why you people haven't paid my claim yet, I put it in ages ago and haven't received a cent, as to be frank I'm sick to bloody death of you people taking my money every month and always finding an excuse not to pay! I've been waiting forever for this claim, Jesus!'
    Me - 'I'm sorry for the delay sir, if you'll bear with me for a few moments ill bring up the claim and take a look for you'

*i get his account details and take a look, all the way he continues to rant out loud about how it's all taken and how he will take his business elsewhere else*

Me - 'okay sir, thanks for holding. Can I just verify, is this the dental claim that you're referring to?'
    SC - 'yes! For the implant on my back tooth! I put that claim on weeks ago and haven't heard a bloody thing since, you people are crooks!'
    Me - 'mmm, yes. So, I'm sorry to repeat myself, but I just need to confirm... It's just the one dental claim that you've submitted?'
    SC - 'oh for f*ck sakes, I said that, yes! No wonder my claims taking so long, when they've for idiots like you working there!'
    Me - 'ah huh, okay sir. Well, I can see that you actually submitted this claim to our branch just earlier this morning...'
    *interupts me, now yelling*
    SC - 'NO I put that claim in WEEKS ago, and if its not paid TODAY ill close my account and take my business elsewhere, you hear me?!'
    Me -'... Sir. Our branch staff leave detailed notes following all customer interaction. There's a lengthy note here on your account stating that you enquired about the turnaround for a dental claim, and were advised that at present it's about 5 working days. The staff member has then noted that you became abusive upon hearing this, and told them that if the money wasn't in your account by this afternoon you would return to the branch to 'make then pay'. When you were advised that we do not take threats lightly, you told the staff that it didnt matter, you would just call the call centre and say you sent the claim in weeks ago, complain, and get the claim paid today that way'
    *at this point the man has fallen silent*
    Me - 'sir, I'm obliged to advise you that - as related to you via our branch staff this morning - we do not tolerate abuse or threats. I've left updated notes on your policy and your account has been flagged for abusive behavior. Your claim will be processed in due course. Now. Is there anything else I can help you with today sir?'

*click*

Ah-huh. Buh buh, asshole. It always amazes me, when ppl think we don't record and document all calls and conversations?? *eyeroll*

---------------

This next one was much shorter

Me - *opening spiel*
    SC - 'yeah hi, so, like, I'm just calling to find out why you pricks shut off my power with no notice?! You want me to come down there and f*ck you all up, is that it, huh?!'
    Me - 'ma'am I'm sorry, it appears you've called...'
    *interrupts me*
    SC - 'yeah damn right you're sorry, you think you can just shut off people's power with no warning, you gunna get f*cked up gurl'
    Me - 'uh-huh, so, as I was saying ma'am...'
    *interuppts me again*
    SC - 'NO, no you weren't sayin' nuthin gurl, don't you try and talk your way outta this, imma come down there and personally beat the s*it outta you after work, then imma drop a bomb on your house'
    Me - 'ok ma'am, so as I was saying, you've called *Health Insurance Inc*, I have no idea who you were after but you've called the wrong number. Furthermore, you've made threats of a serious nature and as such, I'm obliged to pass your details along to policy'
    SC - 'ha! Yeah right, good luck trying to find me, Pft!'
    *i read her phone number back to her off my phone screen... Thank you caller ID!'
    SC - 's*it'... *click*

I may or may not have passed her digits along to some ppl at work who are going to just so happen to be quite bored at about 3am...

LOTS more to come!!!

YAAAAAY, TILLY!!! Glad you're back; I've missed your posts!

And congratulations on your pregnancy!

And ... I checked out your link. I'm so sorry to hear about the TTTS.

As for your customers, do you have that little automated voice that says, "This call may be monitored ... " etc. etc.? Usually for some nice-sounding reason like, "... to ensure quality customer service" but what it really means is, "in case you lose it and start threatening our employees ..."

If so, I'm guessing these people are so busy rehearsing their angry speeches in their minds that it zips in one ear and out the other.

I'm now in retail (parttime job), but alas (?) have few if any SCs to report.

Comment

Yeah! She's back!!! I too have missed your posts. Congratulations on the pregnancy, and I too am sorry to hear about the TTTS. My little sisters are identical twins, and I've never heard of that before. You & your family will be in my thoughts & prayers.

I still have your blog bookmarked, and was concerned when there were no posts either here or on the blog.

I too am off work right now (same job as you, just in the US), so I have no stories to share either.
      That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Nice to meet you! (I'm relatively new around here still so I figured I'd say hi)

As for SC 1, what an ass. I have nothing more...

As for SC 2; I've had people like her call me on my cell. And they continue to insist they have the right number until I finally hang up and block them.

As for your twins, I have two good friends of mine who survived through the same thing with minor complications. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way!
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Thank you for the well wishes everyone! we have our fingers crossed...

I've even sitting here drafting up recounts of other SCs from the past few mths so I can get it all posted... Looking at it all, makes me kinda depressed... Sooooo many rude, crazy people out there :O

Comment

Quoth tilly101 View Post
            I've even sitting here drafting up recounts of other SCs from the past few mths so I can get it all posted... Looking at it all, makes me kinda depressed... Sooooo many rude, crazy people out there :O
            It is depressing if you focus on them... but you have to remember that there are just as many good and decent people out there, if not more.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I would start forwarding these threats to the FBI... maybe a few visits will get them to change their tune.

Comment

Quoth Sandman View Post
                I would start forwarding these threats to the FBI... maybe a few visits will get them to change their tune.
                Now that's something I'd want a ringside seat for!!! These agents have ZERO sense of humor or tolerance for smartasses.

How do I know? Had a couple show up at our front door many years ago after Stepdad's ex-stepson (from previous marriage) got more time added to his prison term b/c he wrote a letter threatening the safety of then-president Reagan!

Let's just say my then-stepdad was drinking and decided to mouth off and not cooperate - nevermind this jerk of an ex-stepson was nothing but trouble and had even threatened to burn down our home - with everyone inside!

Needless to say, that stepdad was gone not too long after that. . . .
                Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 04-21-2013, 11:46 PM. Reason: Can't spell large words out too good on the iPhone
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Welcome back! I missed your posts and I've checked your blog a few times. Good to see you again.

@Sandman - Tilly's not in the US, so that's probably not going to help.

Comment

Working...
                  X