Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at the bent staple, I was the main person who called warranty companies and Macroshaft for customers. Some of the customers would find it very amusing when the reps attempted to talk down to me. I was never nasty to the reps, but they soon learned how much of a Bad Idea that was.

For example, there was the customer who purchased an extended warranty that was 6 months away from expiring. The warranty company (our old one) tried to argue that the customer's warranty had already run out, claiming that their warranty only added a year to a supposed 30 day warranty from HP. This was a TWO year warranty. Also, HP has a 1 year warranty on new printers, 90 days on refurbs. This was a new printer. The supervisor was kissing my butt by the end of the call.

Then there was the rep that could NOT get into his head that a laptop that completely refused to boot was NOT going to be able to bring up the BIOS. I actually went through the Monty Python dead parrot sketch with him, and then some. I also asked for a supervisor a few times and was told none were available. An excerpt:

"It's pining for the fjords!"
    "Ma'am, I need you to press the power button, and press F12..."
    "I told you, there are NO lights, no one is home. This is an ex-laptop!"
    "Did you check to see if it is plugged in?"
    "It is DEAD. It is a BRICK."
    "The laptop is a brick, ma'am? We only work on real computers here."
    "It IS a real laptop. IT. IS. DEAD. No blinkenlights. No power. It is FRIED."

Took a bit more of this before he finally got me a supervisor, who sent out a box right away. :P

Comment

Quoth Dragon_Dreamer View Post
      "It's pining for the fjords!"
      "Ma'am, I need you to press the power button, and press F12..."
      "I told you, there are NO lights, no one is home. This is an ex-laptop!"
      "Did you check to see if it is plugged in?"
      "It is DEAD. It is a BRICK."
      "The laptop is a brick, ma'am? We only work on real computers here."
      "It IS a real laptop. IT. IS. DEAD. No blinkenlights. No power. It is FRIED."

Took a bit more of this before he finally got me a supervisor, who sent out a box right away. :P
      I wish I could up vote this a million times. I wish I would have thought of this back in my tech support days
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Had to do something similar when my last phone died. LCD screen was complete toast. Idiot tech sends me instructions on how to reset the phone. This was about5 emails in, mind you, each time, I list out the problem really. effing. clearly. I pretty much did everything but take phone to their building and bludgeon someone with it. "Oh, it are broke! Why for you not say? We send new one"

Comment

Working...
        X