This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Love of Stoves...

I figure I haven't started enough threads about this...

I wanted to share some amazing news with you guys. We've been searching for a stove, because for some odd reason, our apartment doesn't come with one. It's been causing me a lot of anxiety. I have enough money to buy a stove, I've just never shopped for one before, so it's a little nervewracking. Not to mention, moving out for the first time and so on and so on.

We got some AMAZING news this weekend. Apparently, some friends of the family are redoing their kitchen. They're giving away their stove, fridge and microwave! I got in contact with them today and we're going to go pick them up today. I'm so happy that I could cry. Seriously. His family is being so supportive of us and helping us out so much. All we really need to get at this point is little stuff (cleaning supplies, TP, PT, shampoo, etc.) and a bed (which we will be buying new for obvious reasons ).

The fates seem to be working with us, finally. Especially after all the crap they put me through the past few years!

You are taking all the appliances with you if and when you move again and not leaving them right?

I still can't believe they didn't provide a stove
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

To be honest, we haven't discussed that quite yet. It depends on the appliances, where we're moving, etc. We'll probably sell if we move since most places come with a stove.

Comment

I'm in New England. Typically, apartments come with a stove, sometimes a fridge and, if they're lucky and willing to pay much more for rent, washer and dryer hookups.

I don't know if my duplex is different because it's not a typical commercial property. We heard about the apartment from a friend of a friend. And with all the additional items, such as the nine acres of land the three duplexes are on, the fact that the area is quiet, off of a street that's off a main street, and by far cheaper than any of the apartments which were we saw online (not to mention we're only paying $xxx for 1100 sqft, an apartment of a comparable size is $YYYY a month)...I think the fact that it doesn't come with a stove doesn't really bother me.

Comment

AND MORE GOOD NEWS!

We got our stove (glass top, good condition, just need a wee bit of cleaning), fridge (HUGE, side by side doors, with a nifty water and ice maker), and microwave (also gigantic, it's meant for hanging up) yesterday. It went off without a hitch. I cried a little out of joy. Landlord is letting us store them in the garage until we move in which is a plus.

Today, I posted on the book of faces inquiring about prices of mattresses, because that's our next item that we need to address, and my cousin says "$0". She has an extra full size mattress and box spring that she's giving away. She's going to bring it down to us as it is about an hour and half drive on the same day that we're planning on moving big stuff.

I seem to be really lucking out. I have a feeling that we are never going to have a move as smooth as this. Ever.

Time to start writing up thank you cards

Comment

Shame on you! You're supposed to spend your money in stores to promote the economy!

Comment

I know, I'm terrible! We will be stimulating the economy by using the money we saved to buy a hardwood table and some really spiffy thank you notes.

Comment

Don't forget good sheets. I had one really nice set that I splurged on but they got left in Alaska.

Comment

That's great news, WS! I would hate to have to move into a place that is missing major appliances...unless of course the ones that are there are nasty
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

The sheets idea is really good, I didn't even think about that! -drools over 800 thread count Egyptian sheets-

The fridge that our place comes with isn't bad, but it's not great either. It's a fridge. We're hoping the new one will fit, because it is a nicer fridge and we're less worried about it dying on us.

Comment

Working...
                    X