This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Week

Until I'm back home at my parents' house.

Thankfully, I got laid off work for this coming week, so I should have plenty of free time to keep moving a little bit every day back home.

Everyone wish me luck. Now that I'm free of a horrible noisy downstairs neighbor with a kid and a baby and a micromanaging door slamming mother who is always over, I think this last week should go by pretty decently!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    Thankfully, I got laid off work for this coming week,!
    I am not understanding.

Comment

Quoth Dilorenzo View Post
      I am not understanding.
      Some companies to save cost will do "layoffs" where the person is in a unpaid status (sometimes paid). Basically Blas is getting a week off of work without having to use annual leave.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
        Some companies to save cost will do "layoffs" where the person is in a unpaid status (sometimes paid). Basically Blas is getting a week off of work without having to use annual leave.
        Pretty much this.

In a manufacturing situation, being "laid off" is much closer to the original meaning, which is being put on stand-by status (often unpaid and able to collect unemployment) until the next run hits and it's back to work for everybody.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Now I am understanding. Sucks not getting paid for the week, but, hey, week away from prying neighbors.

Comment

Due to new law, unemployment is not paid for the first week (so, in our cases, since we usually only get laid off one week a year *sometimes two or three, but usually I opt out of those*), but I had vacation hours to cover most of it. Sucks having to waste your own hours just to get paid, but I had asked for those days off well before the layoff anyway.

Comment

Blas, good luck and hope your move goes smoothly. In a little over a month I will be back in My Hometown with mom. Can't say I'm thrilled but you do what you have to.

What do you mean, you're free of the neighbour and micro-managing mom? Have they left or are they just no longer an issue now that you're leaving?

Comment

She won't have to deal with them now that she's gone. Or, she's hiding bodies. I did hear there was a fire at the massage clinic in Irv's town. And I know they're buddies.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I didn't even hear about that....

Oh, I guess it did. Never even heard of the place. It's kind of in the ghetto.

Oh, and I'm totally innocent, k? I was at work when this happened.
                  Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 05-20-2012, 12:17 AM.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

We're both totally innocent. Loudass Baby Mama moved her loud kid and baby down to the other side of Wisconsin.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      We're both totally innocent. Loudass Baby Mama moved her loud kid and baby down to the other side of Wisconsin.
                      yay. but i feel back for the people on that side of the state. cos knowing the loudasses... the entire bottom half of the state is now suffering from the noise pollution.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Thank goodness for small favours, eh? My noisy neighbour is rarely home these days. When he is, he plays his music/video games at a mildly annoying level, but nothing at all like the blow-out-the-windows level he used to use. Also, he tends to only play it even at this level for an hour or so. Also, of course, I'm moving so the next tenant can deal with it (or not, if it doesn't bother them).

I've also concluded that part of the problem is, I think they skimped on the walls between the super-tiny apartment and the standard one-bedroom. Even when someone next door is playing music/has the TV on at a normal level, I can still hear it. I hear nothing at all from above me, below me, or the apartment on the other side ... so I think it's partly cheap construction, as well as this neighbour in particular.

Comment

It's the same way here. So poorly insulated, and they try to blame us for the reason that heating/cooling/energy costs are the way they are.

None of us really waste energy, as far as I'm concerned. You take the cheap route, and don't insulate a building well, give them shitty ass windows, and then you include electricity in the rent.........then turn around and complain that certain times of the year, it costs a lot? NO SHIT Sherlock!

Comment

Working...
                          X