X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body parts that regenerate

Or how Fenig has Time Lord tonsils.

Yup, almost ten years to the month I am having a second tonsillectomy. The left little bastard has grown back, started forming stones and signs of inflammation. Ten years exactly.

Also, the liver can regrow to a full organ from as little as a quarter of its original mass.

I think this guy would feel your pain.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post

Also, the liver can regrow to a full organ from as little as a quarter of its original mass.
      Weirdly enough, I learned this from Neighbours (as in the soapie). Why? They had a liver transplant story ages ago where one of the characters wound up getting sick to the point of needing a liver transplant. Nobody was a match until this tall, dark stranger who happened to be in love with the character's daughter was found and tested and turned out to be a match. The end result? Said tall, dark stranger was actually the half-brother of the character's daughter! Yeah....
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Not a soap-watcher, but when you described the stranger as the "half-brother of the character's daughter", I assume that the character is female, and that the stranger is the result of an affair by the character's partner. Am I correct?

Sure puts a damper on the budding romance between the stranger and the character's daughter, though.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh yeah the liver is pretty awesome so long as you haven't damaged it to the extent that it waves a white flag.

I think being a starfish would be neat for the regenerative capabilities.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
            I think being a starfish would be neat for the regenerative capabilities.
            Or a Time Lord/Lady
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

That's what the Daleks really want...to capture the Time Lord to harvest various organs...
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

An author I follow on FB posted a while back that his tonsils were growing back. It does happen, but it's rare.

Comment

It's been almost 32 years since I got my tonsils out. I'm pretty sure they're staying gone at this point.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Yup. Day 3 post surgery and I just want to rip my throat out. But that'd grow back and is have to do it all over again. It's a real pain.

Seriously though, Tylenol is saving my sanity right now. I took pictures, but they're gross.

Comment

That's OK.We like orrible pics in this forum haven't you noticed. Pus rocks!

*throat hurt is orrible though. Try sucking an ice lolly.*
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My sister had the same thing happen with one of her ovaries. They'd taken out all but the tiniest little bud to try to keep her endocrine system as intact as possible when she was in University. Fast forward a few years and she and her husband were trying to have a baby. During some routine tests, they'd found that the ovary had grown back to about a third of its original size.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I did not know ovaries could do that - learn something new everyday.
                          Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

*fistbump of sympathy*

My tonsils shriveled away and vanished on their own years ago (much to my relief). Aaaand came back again - not sure when, but my doctor noticed them recently. :P

Comment

Alright, you asked for it. The spot has gotten bigger and whiter since I took this, but my tongue is too swollen and sore to flatten out enough for a picture. Notice the nice clean concave area of where the right tonsil used to be. link to prevent gross outs
                              Last edited by FenigDurak; 05-24-2015, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X