Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it doesn't have a half eaten apple on the back...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Tylenol? My family uses that term to describe our store-bought acetaminophen pills.

Good thing we don't use the word Advil to describe our store-bought ibuprofen pills, though.
    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I get the tow truck version.... "I need someone to come out here and tow my Ford Lincoln"

Yes, that actually happened.
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

people would ask me what the difference was between an ipad and a tablet.
        About $500.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          what I used to get was the opposite where people would ask me what the difference was between an ipad and a tablet.
          Quoth MoonCat View Post
          About $500.
          A couple others:

- Nobody refers to a pill as an iPad.

- The ancient Babylonians didn't use clay iPads for their cuneform writing.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            I get the tow truck version.... "I need someone to come out here and tow my Ford Lincoln"
            Postmaster Ford Lincoln Mercury at your service!
            Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
              What about Tylenol? My family uses that term to describe our store-bought acetaminophen pills.

Good thing we don't use the word Advil to describe our store-bought ibuprofen pills, though.
              This reminds me of one of my cousins - he uses the term "Ib-buffrin" to describe such pills. (Not sure if he's got the words ibuprofen and Bufferin mixed up, and I don't think anyone's ever asked)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                That's because malware developers, depending on their warez, tend to go after the largest market. Much of the financial world is heavily dependent on PC-based machines. Every now and then though, there have been some bugs that will infect Apple-based hardware.

But seriously, I do have a feeling that it won't be long before iPad is just another generic description. Much like "Winnebago" is sometimes used to mean "RV."
                Also when OSX started (macs since 2000 or so), it was based on a UNIX model. UNIX generally controls permissions and access a whole lot better than the other operating systems at the time. It took years and years for Windows to go from "give everything full control at all times" to implementing things like UAC ("This program requires administrator access"...) and even multiple usernames. This kind of security design generally slows down or halts malware from spreading everywhere.

/Nothing is perfect
                //People are always looking for weaknesses in the design
                ///Mac/OSX has much higher market share now than before, and people do target it.
                Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Same thing with another pain reliever introduced by Bayer pharmaceuticals, but (to the best of my knowledge) no longer sold by them - heroin.
                  Heroin was originally marketed as a cough suppressant.

It happens to be a really good cough suppressant.

Last edited by Shalom; 01-22-2015, 10:25 PM. Reason: damn that image is wide

Comment

Working...
                  X