Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can pick up the flavour syrups from Coffee Shops and use them. It's what I do. I also buy Seltzer water by the case at the grocery store ($2.50/12pack).

The syrups cost anywhere from $8-$10, and you can buy them directly from most coffee shops (I doubt Starbucks though). Some places will even special order flavours for you.

My favourite is the Black Current and Peach flavours.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

We have the Soda Stream here in Canada too. Been debating buying one for awhile

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I was looking for a way to make UNSWEETENED seltzer, and most of the options are for sweetened drinks. I already tried to go the extract route - local grocery store didn't have cherry extract, so I called McCormick's to find out who in my area sells it. Turns out McCormick's doesn't make a cherry extract, which was the specific flavour I was looking for.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Bit of a followup. My first 2 attempts to make a cherry seltzer were:

1) Dissolve a packet of unsweetened Kool-aid in 9 ounces of water (odd amount chosen due to calibrated bottles I had on hand). In an empty 710 ml (24 ounce) pop bottle, put 1 ounce of mix and top with soda water. Didn't have enough flavour, so added a second ounce of mix. Chemical taste, not worth repeating.

2) Bulk Barn carries AnnLoran Oils brand extracts in addition to Club House (CH doesn't offer cherry). This stuff is painfully strong (literally - the dropper bottle I had on hand has a very small opening, so while trying to fill it I spilled some on my hand). Diluted with an equal quantity of water (to make quantity adjustments easier - and dropper bottle capacity is roughly twice the volume of the ALO bottle). Put 4 drops of diluted extract in an empty 710 ml pop bottle and top with soda water. Very good starting point, just need to fine-tune.

What I'll probably do is go for a dropper bottle with a wider mouth with the dropper bit removed (for no-spill filling), and a higher dilution (for better control of quantity).

Thanks for the advice - posting this in case anyone wants to try it themselves.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X