Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite wastes of time? (low movement)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and you arrived just in time for the fall season on hulu. Hulu has a cyclical setting, usually unless you spend the 7 a month, you can only watch the last 5 episodes, but all fall shows aren't that far in yet.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
      Have you seen the new series A Young Doctor's Notebook yet? Daniel Radcliff plays a fresh graduate of the Imperial Medical School in Moscow in 1917 - he gets sent to a small hospital in Siberia to replace the recently deceased head Doctor. It is sort of framed by his packing up his office under the observation of the newly minted Soviet Army when he is a bit older, probably in the 1930s. Just watched the pilot episode and in a very oddly russian way it is very funny.
      Oh! That sounds really interesting. I think I'll have to figure out when it's on.

Quoth Jester View Post
      Nah. Your youngest son just has impeccable taste.
      Uh-huh.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I'm partial to Fitz myself. It's a free online MSN game. I've been stuck on level 27 for weeks--I get all but a few spaces and then have to start the level over. Very easy but VERY addicting!

Comment

Quoth Fire_on_High View Post
          Minecraft. It'll keep you occupied for as long as you allow it to, really.
          You beat me to it. This is my current addiction, and damn it's a hard one to beat. The addiction, that is. There is, of course, no actually "beating" Minecraft, unless you count the Enderdragon, but even then...
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post

You beat me to it. This is my current addiction, and damn it's a hard one to beat. The addiction, that is. There is, of course, no actually "beating" Minecraft, unless you count the Enderdragon, but even then...
            The next step is the Wither, and even that has an associated achievement called 'The Beginning'.

Or at least it will in 1.7.

With the new launcher it's easy to play the snapshots so you can see all the cool stuff they're bringing out. (New biomes!)

And if you get into it, there's always the Yogscast ^^

Other games; I've got some old games off Gog.com, ones like Pharaoh and Roller Coaster Tycoon. With both of those you can sit there a whole day trying to finish a level.
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth DaisyQueen View Post
              I'm partial to Fitz myself. It's a free online MSN game. I've been stuck on level 27 for weeks--I get all but a few spaces and then have to start the level over. Very easy but VERY addicting!
              Thank you to all... I am considering all ideas. Not up to many steam games at the moment unfortunately though.

However... Daisy... I started playing Fitz something like 5 hrs ago... and I'm only stopping now coz I'm being sent to bed by my online buddy. lol

Level 12 currently... all bar 2 spaces got about half a dozen times.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Here's some casual steam games you might like: (on the cheap)

Audiosurf. You can ride your music.

Triple Town is kinda like a facebook game in style, but you don't have to bug your friends. Basically you build towns by combining objects. Like 3 grass = bush, three bush= tree, three tree =house, ect. Through this you gain money and resources to build your own island.

For geek fans, the Poker Night series is awesome. Poker Night 2 has Glados as the dealer. It's not a very good poker game in general, as it wasn't well programmed, but I've forgiven it just because the characters are so entertaining.

Portal Dimension is a puzzle game where you try to get a ball from point A to B. Casual and quite easy. (Usually about half-way through a puzzle game I'm like "I GIVE UP" but it only took me 90% of the way to give up XP)

And finally, I recommend towns, which is sims meets minecraft. I'm not even sure WHY I enjoy it, but I do. You start with 10 villagers, and you make them build their own camp. If they have too much to do, they aren't happy. They can die, so you have to outfit them with weapons and armor. If they stay fairly happy, you get immigrants, so you can have them do more things.

The only 'big' game I'll recommend is Dishonored. If you play the game how it wants (full stealth no kills), it's not a very taxing game, as you spend a lot of it waiting for guards to get in just the right spot to choke them out and hide the body. Note that the AI in Dishonored is the smartest AI I've seen, and you have to be careful around them.

I went from a hundred hours in skyrim to Dishonored, and about shat myself when I saw one of them find a body and flip out, rather than just go "oh, dead guy."

I'd also suggest getting all the DLC (or the GOTY edition) if you do Dishonored, as the DLCs are approximately the size of the game. (If you play the game linearly, or just go straight to your objectives, the game is quite short.)

Comment

Reddit?

It certainly works as a time sink for my husband...

Comment

My daughter says Minecraft and MLP (My Little Pony). Believe it or not she and some of her college buddies (mainly boys) have an MLP night. I think it's a little strange that chemistry and engineering students sit and watch MLP but I guess it's an escape....from chemistry and engineering.
                    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Civilization 4. Very addictive, and you can get it (plus both expansions and some mods) for $7.50 to download off Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
                        My daughter says Minecraft and MLP (My Little Pony). Believe it or not she and some of her college buddies (mainly boys) have an MLP night. I think it's a little strange that chemistry and engineering students sit and watch MLP but I guess it's an escape....from chemistry and engineering.
                        I can remember walking into the Enlisted Bachelors Baracks on NOB in Norfolk Virginia on a Saturday morning back in 87/88ish and seeing 15-20 crew off a submarine acting like 5 year olds watching cartoons. Scooby Doo was very popular.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                        X