Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is either the best thing ever....or the worst prank.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is either the best thing ever....or the worst prank.

As a lot of peeps know, we've been suffering financially. Sales have been in a slump. Actually, that's too nice. Sales have been NONEXISTENT. My husband suggested I go hit up a freelancer website for potential jobs. I don't like said freelancer site, I always get chewed out for asking for a standard price. Oh well....went there anyways.

After a few hours of drudging through the site (and ending up with a few more...interesting stories I shall post)...I saw a project that just...matched me perfectly. It noted that they were looking for four designers, and wanted to see their best concepts for the brief. There was, interestingly, a time limit. Best one within four hours.

I contacted the project owner, chatted with him for a bit, got the brief, and proceeded to go all out and make a design within 2.5 hours for them. He was shocked, and said they'd get back to me shortly.

They came back with a job offer. Full time.

Apparently my design impressed the ever living daylights out of them, along with my friendliness and performance. Here's the rundown of their offer:

- $15/hr starting, after 30 days, $18, 60 days, $20
    - Raises will be given based on my performance ("which, we don't doubt you'll get...you did REALLY well on the trial"), based on business profits, and cost of living increases
    - Full benefits after 60 days, health insurance includes vision and dental.
    - minimum 30 hours a week to start, moving to fulltime 40 hours min after 30 days, and possible overtime
    - telecommuting is a-okay
    - They know I have to leave at a point in the afternoon to get the kids from school...so they set my hours from 8-3, so I can "have time to get ready to get the kids, and then have the rest of the day to spend time with them. Family is important."
    - No non-compete agreement. I can do whatever I want in my spare time, even take on side projects
    - commission bonuses, if I bring in new clients
    - contrary to my other jobs I've held with designing, I won't be forced to be paid for only development time. I'll be paid "as long as I'm reachable. Do whatever you want, just be reachable during those times."

I promptly fell over myself and may have let out a "holy cripes". Which confused them at first, then made them crack up.

So....yep. Supposed to be working out the details this afternoon....at worst, Monday. I'll actually have a job. What sounds like my dream job, honestly. I hope it all works out. I'm thrilled to pieces, you have no idea how happy I am right now. ^^
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

eeeee!

Yay!

Wow. Man, I hope this works out for you! I hope it's awesome.
    Curiously Lydean - curious interests of a curious person.

Comment

A steady paycheck sounds kinda nice, doesn't it.

Good luck!
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Seraph, I've run out of fingers and toes to cross for you on this. If this pans out, you've pretty much won the employment lottery! Talk about awesome!

Let us know what happens with this.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers for you. Hell, I'll cross my toes too (though not until Monday).
          It does sound almost to good to be true, and you have enemies, but how should anyone know that you would be going through that site just then? I just think someone found out how god you are.

Don't set them on fire before the contract is signed .

Comment

Crossing everything for you. That would be amazing!!!!! Sending all the good thoughts!
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

I am soooooo wicked happy for you!!!
              Congrats!
              <<<Passes virtual celebratory beer/wine/boozy beverage of choice.
              Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                I just think someone found out how god you are.
                Well then, that definitely rules out my last SC.

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                Don't set them on fire before the contract is signed .
                ...I'll...try. <.<

Although don't mention that to Rayv and Kisa. I'll never hear the end of it.

Comment

Update:

....It's real. Holy mackerel. It's real.

Comment

I so shouldn't be jumping up and down on my ankle yet, but screw it. The boot can handle it.

YAHOO!!!!!!!

"If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

That sounds like a super sweet gig!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Woohoo! *does the happy dance* That is some excellent news

Comment

We will now do the dance of joy!!!!!! So happy for you!!!
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm freaking out hardcore!

The amusing part is...since they are okay with me still working on the side...I might still end up with stories. Not as much...which honestly, I am okay with. :P

Comment

Just do what got you in the door and you should be fine.
                              This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Working...
                              X